Chapter 1

Alison

"Shut up, bro, she's right there!"

Deep breaths, Allie, just like your mother taught you.

I got this. I can get through this...again. It's not like the days pass differently.

Whenever I walk into a room, or out of the school building, people talk...well, or stop talking for that matter.

Turning nineteen a couple of months ago has taught me one thing; people are still as shitty as they were when I was eighteen.

Dad was right. He has every reason to be mad at everyone at all times. Showing any kind of weakness has people talk. They try to bring you down.

So when you show them that you don't care, that you're more powerful than they are, they'll give up.

Or not.

But either way, being stronger than they are is always better. And I am stronger. And smarter.

I know most of these people talking about me are envious. I know they fear my father. I know they don't mean to be mean to me, but they are anyway. They are because it's less scary than being friends with me and risk my father ruining their lives.

Like my dad is that bad.

He's the sweetest, truly. Just not to everyone.

"That's Alison?" another guy's voice follows. "She's kinda hot tho. Why do we hate her again?"

My hands ball into fists as I stop to walk.

Don't say it, Allie. You will regret it.

I turn around, looking at the two assholes. "Because she hates you."

Here we go again...

"She doesn't even know us," asshole number one says, smirking like the goddamn fucker he is.

"She doesn't want to know you."

"Dude, tone it down. Imagine her father is nearby. He'll make sure you're getting kicked out of college," asshole number one says, looking at me with all the fear there is, shining right through his eyes.

I would correct him, but I don't. My father might be many things. Powerful being the number one on the list. And yes, he might be able to get people kicked out of college if I told him about all this...but he wouldn't do it.

He wouldn't because it would only make me look worse than I already do.

I don't necessarily have a bad reputation. Sure, people know me as the cold-hearted bitch that can't be approached. But more people know me as Atlas Storm's daughter.

I'm more often in the tabloids than my father himself, or so I believe. Simply because "Yay, the first daughter of sir Storm himself is over the age of eighteen. Let's get inappropriate pictures of her."

Fucking disgusting paparazzi.

Can't even go to my cousins birthday party without having cameras shoved right into my face. But hey, I'd rather take it all than watch my siblings get crowded by these people.

And trust me, when it comes to my siblings...I don't step back from throwing fists. Or my purse. Especially Vienna. My little baby. She may only be a year-and-a-half younger than me, but I'll forever protect her with all that I have.

Asshole number one and two both watch me as I take my phone out of my bag, unlock it and swipe through it. Sweat is building up on their foreheads as they probably assume that I'm about to call dear old daddy to help me out.