31 - Something Bad Is 'Bout To Happen To Me

| Something Bad Is 'Bout To Happen To Me |Warning: talk of a homophobic slur and mature scene

Warning: talk of a homophobic slur and mature scene

"Detention. On the first week back. What do all of you have to say about this?"

  Remus looked sheepish, a rare sight, as he was always acting like he had told the rest to stop. Sirius and James looked at each other, trying to stop grinning. Diane and Peter were losing it, bursts of laughter escaping their lips every now and then throughout Professor McGonagall's lecture.

  "Honestly, boys, you're not kids anymore, you have to mature eventually."

  "But, Professor, we have one year left before we really have to grow up, can't you let us have this?" Remus quipped innocently.

  The mention of the war looming outside sobered up McGonagall immediately, her face fell from its angry expression. "Well, that's true.... But dyeing every Slytherin robe glittery pink is just too much."

  Peter laughed quietly, cheerfully remembering how all the Slytherins had screamed and shouted, embarrassed and trying to take off their robes. All of their glaring eyes eventually landed on the five Gryffindors, of course. Peter was partially grateful for McGonagall crossly taking them to her office; an escape from the waves of livid anger coming from the Slytherin table.

  "Didn't you think it was excellent charms work, though, Professor? Remus did a great job," Diane commented sweetly, trying hard to contain a yelp of pain as Remus' fingers pinched her arm from behind James.

  Professor McGonagall rose her eyebrow behind her little silver spectacles, then sighed. "I think that's quite enough. Your detentions will be with Professor Slughorn, as he was adamant about 'giving justice to his students'. They will be every afternoon, starting tomorrow. Understood?"

  "But, Professor! We have quidditch trials soon! I'm the Captain!" exclaimed James desperately. He clutched onto his sister and his bestfriend's arms. "Sirius and Diane must be there, too! For the sake of the team!"

  "Oh, Miss Potter is trying for a spot on the team?" Professor McGonagall asked curiously, putting a pause to the punishment.

  Diane smiled. "Yeah, well, it's about time, I think." Professor McGonagall had been trying to get Diane on the quidditch team ever since second year; after she'd seen her on a broom she was blown away with her speed and control. However, Diane wasn't really interested, until now, that is.

  "Fine, then," McGonagall reconsidered. "Only for quidditch, you will have three days of detention instead of five."

  Diane smirked knowingly as Sirius jumped on her side, laughing in victory. Remus thanked McGonagall, smile on his face.

  "I always knew we were your favourites, Professor!" James laughed jovially.

  "I don't have favourites. Just one... and that's Remus."