The Aftermath Pt.2

Start from the beginning

She turned to one of her officers " Officer Song, keep an eye on them"

Song saluted her obediently.

Before she could go in, Bolin grabbed Elira's wrist, stopping her.

"El?"

The airbender turned and smiled softly at him "It's gonna be okay"

She pulled her best friend into a hug and Mako quickly join them

"Just promise us you'll be careful down there, El," The firebender said as they let go of one another.

"I promise" Elira smiled before turning and walking down behind her father and Lin.

Korra followed after her, turning her head and looking at the three in sadness and Mako turned his head away with guilt.

*

The elevator took the group down further and further until it finally stopped.

They cautiously walked into a massive room that has posters of Amon hanging up and large robotic machines on the sides.

"Not your average backyard workshop," Lin said as they walked further in

"And I'm guessing those are the new weapons" Korra stopped and pointed at the large robotic machines on the sides. Lin, Tenzin and Elira stopped beside her. 

"Hiroshi was lying all right" Tenzin scowled

"Yeah, but where is he?" Elira muttered, looking around at the factory and machines lined against the walls. 

Suddenly, a metal wall shot up and blocked the entrance with a bang, trapping them inside!

*

The noise echoed all the way back upstairs in the small workshop, where the three teens left behind were able to hear it.

"What was that?" Bolin questioned, as they peered down the tunnel.

"We need to get down there and see what's going on." Mako declared

"Absolutely not. You're staying put until the chief comes back." Officer Song argued strictly

Bolin and Mako shared a knowing glance

"All right, we'll stay put. But could we wait outside or something? It's so dusty in this workshop" Mako rubbed his nose. 

"No! We're waiting right here!"

"Okay, but don't blame me if I start sne-" Mako began to sneeze "if I start sn-sn-sneez-"

"What's your problem, bub?" Song questioned

"I'm about to-" Mako suddenly firebent as he sneezed, causing Song to real back. 

Bolin earthbent a small mound of rock under the officer's foot, tripping him before the earthbender then jumped on the man laying on the floor. 

The teens tied the officer to a barrel with a cloth over his mouth as he struggled, yelling at them behind his gag. 

" Sorry pal, we know you were just doing your job" Mako stood up.

"Yeah, just stay put until the chief comes back. That sounds very familiar doesn't it, why? Because you said it" Bolin smirked, pointing at Song. 

The three walked toward the stairs, but Mako quickly stopped Asami by putting his hands on her shoulders "Asami, you should stay here. We'll check it out."

" I have to find out the truth about my father." She argued, looking determined.

"I understand. That's why I'm going down, to find out for you. Please." Mako begged