𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Magsimula sa umpisa

You facepalmed and Tanjiro sighed. "Then, I think he's had enough punishment. Please, save him."

You looked at Tanjiro astounded. Even if the driver stabbed him. Even though he is suffering from this wound. He's showing kindness to someone who hurt him. You smiled slightly to yourself.

"Fine!" Inosuke butt-in. "After I save him, I'm gonna pluck all his hair off!"

He then dashed off and Tanjiro laid on the ground. He was about to lean his head down on the cold ground until it felt weird. His head was laying on something... warm? Nevertheless, a relaxed smile crossed his face. A pair of warm palms cupped his cheeks from behind. His eyes opened as he tilted his head back slightly to see your glistening and bright (e/c) orbs looking down at him. A tiny grin plastered on your face. He noticed your face was covered in splotches of dirt and the occasional small scratches. You stroked his cheek slightly with your thumb.

"Hey." He cleared his throat slightly. "Are you okay—"

"Shh." You shushed him softly. "Don't over work yourself. Focus on your breathing. Okay?"

He looked at you for a moment and then nodded. He began to breath in and out. The sky was beginning to brighten.

It's almost dawn. Stabilize my breathing now... I've gotta... help the injured. Nezuko. Zenitsu. Rengoku-san. I'm sure they're safe.

"So you can use your full focus breaths all the time now?! Impressive!" A loud voice boomed. You slightly yelped and looked up to see the Flame Pillar standing across from Tanjiro's body and looking down at the boy.

"R-Rengoku-san?" You both asked in surprise.

"Doing it all day is taking one step to becoming a Hashira! But it may take ten thousand more steps to pillardom!"

"I'll do my best..." Tanjiro panted out.

"You're bleeding from the abdomen. Focus some more and raise accuracy of your breaths." Rengoku explained. "Spread the sensitivity to every part of your body."

Tanjiro did as the Flame Hashira told him to do. Focusing intensely on his breathing.

"There's a blood vessel, and it's broken. Focus some more."

He focused more and more. And you being here with him was more than enough to help him.

"There! Stop the bleeding. Stop the hemorrhage."

He kept on going and going. And then, Rengoku let out a happy laugh with a wide smile. Both you and Tanjiro looked up.

"You stopped it!" You exhaled a sigh of relief at this. "If you master your breathing, you'll be able to accomplish various things. But you can definitely get stronger compared to how you were the day before."

"Y-Yes..."

Rengoku smiled and looked to have sparking along his head. "Everyone is safe! There's a lot of injured people, but nothing life threatening. You both don't have to push yourselves any further."

Just then, a loud and thunderous roar erupted through everyone's ears. You winced but snapped your head up the direction of the noise. Rengoku did as well. The cloud of dust flew away and a man stood there. Glowering down at them with a small smirk upon his features. Dark and dusty blue lines covered his face. They ran along his arms and across his bear chest. A pair of white pants with a turquoise rope keeping them up. His hair was an odd shade of pink. Almost like a dark peony flower. His eyes a devilish yellow. The most unsettling part was his eyes. Those eyes... they weren't normal. Not even normal for a demon. Your eyes widened at this.