Chapter 3: Warnings (Still, Jade's POV)

The future me waited for a bit, then suddenly I saw a sickening swirl of magic and suddenly we were in what looked like a.. hotel room? But the room was huge. The walls were gold and black. The bed was, I guess, my style. The sheets were green and black with gold vines across them. There was also a kitchen attached to the room, and a bathroom beside the bed.

The older me grabbed my shoulders tightly. I winced. "Okay, you need to know this," she said. "this place can be 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 dangerous at times. You 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 to be careful." "W-What do you mean?" I asked. The older me sighed. "There are many dangerous people here. Hell, even my daughter is dangerous," she said. "𝒟𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇!?" I exclaimed. I had a daughter!? I guess I was married, but a daughter!? I never wanted to have kids! "Yes, daughter." Future me said.

"H-How is she dangerous?" I asked. "Okay, first of all, she's a queen. Second of all, she likes guns. Third of all, she has the shadow." "Guns!? Queen!?" I exclaimed. I never thought I'd hear those two words together. Future me sighed again. "Z is dangerous as well," she said. "Just... don't make her mad. I learned that the hard way."

Suddenly, we heard a loud bang and what sounded like glass breaking. "What was that!?" I asked, shaking from the vibration. "Ugh, I should have asked Zodiac to send me to the soundproof rooms sooner," Was she not surprised? There was a 𝑔𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓉! 

Suddenly, I saw another sickening magic swirl in my vision, and we were back in the lobby. I saw a red-haired girl with a black tint in the middle. "JOCELYN," future me yelled. "But mom, I was just trying to aim for a target when Emily knocked it over," the red-haired girl, or, Jocelyn as it seemed said. Mom? I guess this was the gun-obsessed girl future me was talking about.

Out of what seemed like thin air, a boy with black hair and a white patch in his hair walked over to Jocelyn and took the gun she was holding. But, he had 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈? The left wing was pitch black with what looked like a white glow surrounding it. The right wing was a blinding white color, with a black glow surrounding it. "You shouldn't use your gun all the time," the boy said.

"You're always ruining my practice," Jocelyn said. "Well maybe you should practice outside," the boy replied. I looked at future me who looked like she was fuming. "Future me, who's that boy?" I asked. "That's Jamie, my second youngest son," she said. How many kids did I have? Jamie picked up glass shards from a broken glass plate, which I suspected was the glass thing that Jocelyn just shot.

Suddenly, the glass shards started to float in midair above Jamie's hand, while a black glow surrounded each one of them as the plate fixed itself. "Woah," I said under my breath. Jamie took the plate to the kitchen beside where he was standing, then walked back out to clean anything else that was damaged.

After he was finished, he looked over at future me. He looked at me, then tilted his head. "Who's this?" He asked. "This is.. me. The sixteen-year-old version, I guess," future me said. I waved shyly at Jamie. He waved back, still a bit confused.

"If she's here, then where's auntie Millie?" Jamie asked. "The portal.. didn't take Millie with me.."