"Like I said. It's none of your concern. Now, you need to leave before I call the police," I tried to be firm, but inside I was screaming for help. I looked towards my phone which had just vibrated from a text. Carmen also looked at it, and raised his eyebrow. Before I could reach for the phone, he snatched it and examined whatever was on the screen. I knew it would be Alfred.

"Brucey's butler," he revealed continuing to read the text. "Great to see you tonight, Bruce hasn't stopped smiling since you left." He looked back at me and the look in his eyes scared me. "Bruce Wayne...Oh, Bruce Wayne."

"Carmen, please, I'm asking you to leave. I won't talk to the police, just please go."

"I knew it," he screamed blocking out my pleas. He put his hands to his head, still holding my phone. "I knew there was something going on between you two. Why, Isabella? Why would you do that to me?"

"Carmen, please just calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down," he shouted throwing my phone against the wall. It had taken a hit, but the screen still seemed to be on as it landed on the ground. "I loved you, Isabella. I really did, but it's not enough is it? Not when Bruce is around."

"Bruce has nothing to do with this. Just calm down and we can talk."

****WARNING****

"No," he stepped in front of me and I moved backwards bumping into the beside table. He stopped right in front of me. "I am done with talking. You are coming home with me." He grabbed my wrist and started pulling me to the doorway. I resisted this and did my best to get him off me, but he was too strong. "I've had enough of this."

"Carmen, please stop," I yelled finally managing to pull out of his grip, but the strength in which I was pulling made me fall to the floor and I hit my head on the bed which made me slightly dizzy. I looked up at Carmen, who was laughing and standing over me.

"You know what, maybe I should just do it right here. If I can't have you, then nobody can," that's when I felt a coldness on my leg, and as I started to regain my balance, I glanced down to see him pressing a knife onto me. He pulled on the back of my hair and moved the knife up to near my neck. "We're going to have some fun first though. I'm sure Brucey won't mind."

There was no chance I was going to let that happen. Whether Bruce would turn up or not, I wouldn't go down without a fight. I managed to grab one of the empty alcohol bottles, and I smashed it into him causing pieces of glass to shatter amongst us. He moaned at the impact and I pushed him off, crawling away towards my phone on the other side of the room. He grabbed my ankle, however, and in my kicks and screams to get him off, the knife in his hand managed to slice the side of my thigh causing me to screech from the pain. Still, my adrenaline had kicked in and despite the amount of blood dripping from my wound, I booted the knife onto the floor along with him. Grabbing onto the side of the bedpost, I tried to pull myself up, but it was too painful and I fell back onto my knees. This time I did manage to grab my phone and with my shaky hands. There was a crack down the screen from where Carmen had thrown it, but luckily it was still working. I quickly dialled the first person I needed. Bruce. Please pick up. After one ring, Carmen appeared behind me again and leant down to grab me.

"This would be easier if you stopped struggling," he snapped, but I still struggled trying to avoid the knife. What felt like forever, I finally heard a voice through all of the chaos.

"Isabella?" It was Bruce through the phone. He kept repeating my name. "Are you okay?"

"Bruce, please...." I couldn't finish my sentence because Carmen reached over to the phone and threw it across the room.

"Bruce isn't here to save you, Isabella. Nobody is."

Everything started to become a blur. The blood was rushing out of my leg, and my body was becoming weaker. Carmen wasn't a huge guy, but he was big enough to keep me pinned. Every second that went by got worse and I knew I had to do something. I knew that Bruce would be on his way. He isn't stupid. He would have known I needed him, but until he got here I had to do something. I couldn't rely on him every time, he could be half way across the city. I used every bit of strength I had left to punch and scratch him off, and to my surprise he let go. Escaping his grip, I grabbed a piece of shattered glass and moved backwards away from him.

"What is that going to do?" He laughed, as if almost comparing it to his knife. "You're bleeding out, Isabella. You're going to need a hospital. I can help you. Let me help you."

"Go to hell," I said through gritted teeth unable to control my breathing.

Carmen lunged for me, and that's what it all went quiet. He fell into me and we both fell to the ground, his body landing on top of mine. The piece of glass I was holding went straight through his stomach. For a split second I couldn't process who the glass had gone through. I froze as I watched Carmen's life drain from his face, blood starting to trickle down my hands. What had I done? I had killed a man, and I hadn't meant to, but he was dead because of me. I used my strength to push him off, and dropped the glass innocently. His lifeless body fell onto the floor beside me. I looked down at the blood on my hands and started to cry. I must have sat there like sat for a couple of minutes, but it felt like an eternity. The pain in my leg didn't even bother me right now. I had committed a crime. I was surely going to jail.

Bruce suddenly rushed through the door. He looked at Carmen's body as the blood started to spread on the floor, and then looked at me. He removed his mask, dropping it onto the ground and stepped towards me, not caring if any blood got on him.

"Isabella," Bruce whispered, touching my bloodied hands and then glancing at the wound on my leg. Before he could do anything, I fell into his arms, sobbing in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine. "It's okay, I'm here. You're safe now. You're going to be okay."

I needed Bruce and he was here. I never wanted to leave his side.

To be continued...
__________

So, big chapter! Let me know what you think. Could she be in big trouble after this? Does anyone have predictions on how Bruce is going to fix this one?

Much love.