He And I Don't Particularly Like Each Other, No.

Ronnie’s POV

Bree sits in the passenger seat of my car, her earphones in, humming softly to herself. The more I look at her, the more I see the resemblance between her and me. We have the same eyes, and nose. Her mom is definitely mine, there’s no denying that.

“Ronnie?” Bree takes out her earphones and turns to me.

“Yeah?” I ask, looking at her as best I can while still keeping an eye on the road.

“Um…” She chews on her bottom lip and shakes her head, turning away from me. “Never mind.”

“No, really,” I say. “Ask me. You can ask me anything, I swear. I’m not a dick like most people think.”

“Is it true that you and Jacky don’t get along?” Bree asks. “I mean, I’ve heard that you two don’t, but I know you’re not supposed to believe stuff until the actual people tell you it’s true or not. So, is it?”

“Um…” I sigh and try to pick my words carefully, not wanting to say anything that could hurt Bree’s feelings. “He and I don’t particularly like each other, no.”

“Then, why’d you let him into the band when he messaged you on MySpace?”

“…Because I needed a lead guitarist and Ryan liked him, so I figured, why not?”

“But you don’t like him,” Bree presses.

“I didn’t know that until I met him,” I say.

“Well, then why not kick him out and send him back to the UK when you found out you didn’t?”

“Why do you want to know?” I ask, trying to keep my voice light and not at all angry. I just met Bree, after all. I can’t scare her away before I even get to really get to know her.

“I’m just wondering,” She says, putting her earphones back in.

Did I say something wrong? I don’t know what I did, and she seems upset. Why? Why is Jacky more important to her than me? Well, she didn’t say that, but she implied it. But I’m her fucking brother! She doesn’t even know him! She doesn’t know me either, but…what the hell.

She does like him more than me, doesn’t she? Well, she won’t when she realizes how arrogant and stuck up he is. Oh, look at me, I’m Jacky Casey Vincent and I can play the guitar. News flash: You’re not the only one. Damn. If Bree thinks I’m letting her anywhere near him without me being in the same room, she’s delusional.

Bree’s POV

He really does hate him, like I thought he did. I could always tell, you know? He avoids him like the plague when they perform, and it’s like Jacky’s not even there during signings. I listen to ‘The Drug In Me Is You’ and I focus on Jacky’s beautiful guitar skills. My guitar is in her case tucked away safely in the back and I can’t wait for Jacky to help me out some. It’s an acoustic guitar, but I’m sure Jacky can still teach me something.

That is, if Ronnie lets me talk to him. I have a slight feeling Ronnie’s going to be a bit of an ass when it comes to Jacky. I may have only known Ronnie for a few hours, but I’ve seen enough interviews and heard enough stories to have an idea of what Ronnie is like. I’ve seen him encourage a crowd full of fans to yell, “Craig sucks dick.” When he hates someone, he hates them.

Poor Jacky. He never did anything – he was a kid with a dream, you know? I think it’s stupid that Ronnie’s treating him like this. What is he going to do when he finds out that Jacky and I have been direct messaging on twitter for almost a year now?

No, Jacky doesn’t know it was me, but yeah, it was. I had a different name, a different picture – I was a second person. I knew I was related to Ronnie so I took on the name ‘Taylor Carter’. Cute, right? We had deep conversations and he’s actually really smart and funny. I avoided bringing up the guys and I treated him like a normal person. I think he liked that for a change, because before I knew it we were talking all the time. He was the one messaging me.

I made up nothing – he knows the real me. He knows about how my mom left and everything with my dad. He thinks I just got reunited with my brother and I’m living with my uncle. That’s all true, only I didn’t tell him who my brother is. And now that I know that Jacky and Ronnie don’t get along, it’s a good thing I didn’t bring any of that up.

Now, I want more than anything to ask him about it, but I know that’ll just give me away. Maybe one day I’ll be able to tell him it’s me, but I don’t see that ever happening. I mean, he’ll get mad that I lied and then where will I be? I’ll have lost my only friend.

Yeah, I know – I’m a joke. I only have one friend, who doesn’t even know who I really am. It’s not my fault people don’t like me. I’ve been bullied since kindergarten, and it just kind of escalated. I dropped out of high school when I turned 16 and got my GED that way I wouldn’t have to put up when those people anymore.

If I lose Jacky, I don’t know what I’ll do.

guys, imagine if that actually did happen. like if you started talking to a band member, as someone else, and you two, like, fell in love. 0.0