A Chance Encounter

The two were walking down the busy street. Many people stopping to stare at them and whisper amongst their friends as they remember the two teens from eight months ago. The day a male gained a quirk, and a strong one at that. Most of the females looked at him in wonder, with others looking in annoyance as regardless of quirk status Izuku was still a man. It will take more than just a new quirk to change the thoughts of gender equality to the entire world.

Izuku could hear the whispers clear as day. At times like this he hated his dragon slayer abilities. No matter what he did he couldn't stop the noose from reaching his ears. Izuku simply lowered his head trying to look small but was failing miserably as he couldn't change the fact that he was a.) walking next to a girl and b) said girl was shorter than him. Jirou noticed the looks and whispers but mostly ignored them. She did notice how they were making Izuku uncomfortable so she grabbed his hand and sped up a bit to get to the restaurant faster. After a few minutes they reach the restaurant and walk up to the receptionist. She is currently fixing some papers and has her back towards the two teens.

"Hello welcome to Mokuba diner how can I he-" she turns around to look at the two teens and instantly notices who they were. Just as she was going to say something a small earphone jack is put over her mouth silencing her. Her eyes trace their way to Jirou and she could see the threatening look.

"Not. A. Word. About this. We just want to grab something to eat and catch up on some stuff. We don't need the drama. Got it?"

The receptionist just nods as she composes herself. She grabs two menu's and leads them to a fairly remote table near the back where little interaction can be made with the other customers. As they sit the receptionist hands them the menu's and after a quick bow walks away. The two are left in an awkward silence. Izuku is trying to hide his face using the menu while Jirou just rubbed her jacks together.

"You know you didn't really have to do this for me. I just did what any good person would have done." Izuku says trying to break the ice.

"Yet you and the other guy were the ones to actually help me. Not even the heroes were able to do that. Plus there's the whole you having a quirk part. Males weren't supposed to get quirks so you must be special."

He couldn't deny anything she said. Him and Katsuki were the ones to save her. Plus now that he had a quirk of sorts he was a complete anomaly to the world. One that many were looking at with curiosity but even more with hatred for getting closer to their level of status due to having a quirk.

"So now that you have a quirk what do you plan to do. I guess your gonna try to be a hero." Jirou rested her head on her hands as her ear jacks just floated around her head.

"W-well yeah,i g-guess. But that's a long time from now so who knows what might end up happening." He says a bit nervously and avoiding eye contact. "What about you? What's your quirk?"

"Its a bit obvious." She extends her ear jacks to him. "My earlobes are ear jacks. I can use them like normal headphone wires and can even transmit the sound of my heartbeat through them. It also gives me extremely good hearing." Izuku was amazed by the quirk info he got. He had stars in his eyes and you could see him visibly shaking by this.

"That's so cool. You could be the perfect spy. Listening in on the villains and giving the heroes info on their whereabouts and what kind of weapons they have. Its an amazing quirk. Your so lucky. I bet there are tons of uses for your quirk. You would make an amazing hero."

"Geez i wasn't expecting that. But still thanks for that." She looks down a bit at the menu in front of her with Izuku doing the same. The two stay in a comfortable silence as they browse the menu for while before flagging down their waitress. "Hello are you two ready to order." The two nod.