Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She thinks they're pathetic cowards for leaving a comrade, no a young trainee just to save their ugly asses.

Ian saw the glare Y/n's giving them. He knows Y/n will disobey orders.

"Hey! What's there to think about?! Just give the order! Ian, it's not your fault! Right from the start, the plan was iffy at best. Everybody knew that! Sure, it was worth a try, but it's obviously not working! All right? We're gonna climb the wall with iut squads!" Mitabi said.

Y/n ready her blades. "Hmph."

She glared at Mitabi and Rico.

Mitabi and Rico glared back at Y/n.

Y/n was about to walk towards them and teach them a lesson,

But Ian immediately stopped her from committing violence.

"Wait!" Ian said.

"Wait...calm down...Y/n." Ian blocked Y/n from Rico and Mitabi.

Nope. It's more like, he's blocking Mitabi and Rico from Y/n.

Y/n remained glaring at Mitabi and Rico. "Rico! Have your squad take out the 12-meter titan in back! Mitabi's squad and mind will handle the two in the front!" Ian said.

"What?!" Rico said in disbelief.

"I'm the one who was put in command here! So just shut up and follow orders!" Ian said. "We can't leave Eren unprotected liek this!"

Y/n's eyes widened right after hearing what Ian said. She stared at the man's back and her eyes slowly became glossy because of unshed tears.

The man gained Y/n's trust and respect, which the the h/c girl only gives to a few people. To the people she thinks she can really trust and respect. Her mother, her auntie Felicia, her uncle, Mrs. Kirstein, Jean, Commandant Shadis, captain Levi, Hanji-san, Miche, Nanaba and Moblit.

"I'm changing the plan. We're going to protect Eren until he can be recoveted. Since it would be unwise to get too close, we'll just have to wait for Eren to come out on his own...he represents a precious possibility for humanity. We can't abandon him here. Because unlike us, there isn't anybody who can replacr him."

Rico and Mitabi were both in disbelief with Ian's final decision.

"Hundreds of people have already died for this "precious" failed human weapon...and you're saying we have to bring him back so we can go through it all over again?" Rico asked.

"That's right...no matter how many die, we should keep trying!" Ian said.

The two stared at him with disbelief.

"Ian?! Have you lost your mind?!" Rico asked.

"Fine! You tell me! How is the human race going to beat the titans?!" Rico wasn't able to answer. "Tell me, Rico!! How else will we get through this?! Without humanity intact! Without killing each other! What can we do to overcome the titans' over-whelming strenght?!" Man's snapped for real.

"Of course I have no idea...how to defeat the titans..." Rico said.

"Exactly...if we knew of a way, it wouldn't have come to this. In other words....this is all that's oeft for us. I don't know what is either...but we have to give our lives for him...with as much as bravey we can muster! Pitiful, isn't it...? That this is the only thing we humans can do...we're probably going to die like insignificant worms...for something we have no guarantee will pay off."

Ian side-eyed Y/n who just looked down and clenched her fists even more tight. Y/n feels guilty. She was the ond who suggested this operation, and now, a lot of people are dying because of her impossible strategy.