4 - Not Sober

Chapter Four

Asahi sat up from his bed and stuffed his phone under his pillow. He hadn't left his room since breakfast and it was now late afternoon. He stared outside his window, it was a gorgeous view of the Han River from the 11th storey of their apartment complex.

I should probably go outside more. He thought to himself, feeling guilty he didn't appreciate the view more often.

He couldn't go outside anymore today though, the day was already ending - well that's the excuse he had come up with. He grabbed his phone back from under his pillow and opened the camera app, taking a photo of the Seoul city skyline just before sunset, he snuck a finger heart in there too. He opened his favourite editing app and put some filters over it, a little vintage aesthetic goes a long way. He clicked on Twitter and captioned the photo "you're ma-eum and seoul" (your heart and 'soul') before posting it.

He tucked his phone under the pillow again and returned to staring out the window while humming a melody from one of Yedam's unreleased songs. Before he knew it, the sun was already setting and the orange sky reflected onto him a golden glow.

A few moments passed and Jaehyuk barged in through the door. Asahi was caught off guard because normally Jaehyuk was one to knock.

"Hey, Asahi-" Jaehyuk began, pausing for a moment before continuing, "You look nice."

Asahi was confused, did Jaehyuk barge into his room just to say that? The older had been acting weird lately.

"Did you come in here just to say that?" Asahi recited his thoughts bluntly, he realised how careless that sounded but he was just being honest.

"Uh.. no, the sunset behind you just caught me off guard," Jaehyuk stuttered, Asahi didn't give a response.

"Jihoon and Hyunsuk are inviting the both of us for a drink, I actually messaged you multiple times but you weren't answering."

Asahi realised his phone was still under his pillow. He grabbed it and on the screen were the messages from Jaehyuk.

"They're coming up here soon, so if you're coming you'll need to get ready," Jaehyuk explained, turning to walk out but retracing his steps, "You're coming right?"

Asahi thought for a moment. He didn't really drink much and was kind of light weight. However, he remembered how the past few times the others have offered to go out, he had turned them down each time.

I should really go out for once. Asahi thought.

He gave a little nod towards Jaehyuk who smiled before leaving the room. Asahi, jumped off his bed and threw on jeans, shirt and a cardigan, then combed his hair neatly. He grabbed his shoes and walked into the living room to put them on, Junghwan, Haruto and Jeongwoo were playing FIFA.

"Park Jeongwoo!" Haruto yelled, Jeongwoo gave a peace sign after messing up their goal.

"Hey. Don't fight too much, Asahi and I won't be here to supervise you." Jaehyuk emerged from his room ready to go and scolded them.

"Don't worry, I will look after them." Junghwan teased, putting both arms around their shoulders and squeezing them, the others pushed him off.