Chapter 5

Peter sat in the back seat of a modern black car, trapped between four moving walls. He was now alone, Clint abandoning him after getting him in the car. The driver didn't even acknowledge him, closing the window that separated him from the boy. Peter almost laughed at that, it wasn't like he wanted to have a chat with the man, he would gladly sit here in peace and quiet, but regardless it was a bit rude action of the driver.

Peter didn't know how long the drive would take or where he was being taken to, but seeing that he would be meeting the king, he presumed that he would go to the palace. He didn't know what the terrible man that started this all wanted with him, nor he didn't know if this was a current practice that all the selected had to go through, Harley didn't mention anything, but they didn't talk much to start with, so Peter was in the dark.

Maybe he should see this as an opportunity, maybe he could convince that he wasn't supposed to get selected and his score was wrong, he certainly wouldn't want someone not smart on his section. Perhaps that was the reason why he was going to see him, for the man to break down to him the terrible news that he wasn't really selected, and he would have to go back to section one.

For once, Peter felt more relaxed, the possibility of returning home lift his spirits. He knew that it was a dangerous game he was playing, deceiving himself, giving false hope, but he couldn't help himself, he just wanted to go home and at the small window of opportunity to dream about going home he would take it.

Now more at ease, Peter took in the view from the window. While the academy appeared to be more isolated surrounded by a small forest, they appeared to be arriving in the city. Peter couldn't help but gasp at what he was seeing. The city alone was the complete opposite of section two, the streets were immaculate, the buildings were new and well treated, there were no beggars, or people poor dressed. Peter felt like he was in another world, sure he knew that section one was richer and more developed, but not at this scale.

He was mesmerized looking at the expensive cars that paced by him, or the grand scales TVs that were displayed on top of buildings. Eventually, much to peter distaste, they left the city and were back to seeing trees in both sides.

Suddenly they stopped, but Peter couldn't see why since he was unable to see the front. His curiosity turned to dread as they started moving again and Peter saw it, the royal guards, they had arrived at the palace.

Peter couldn't see much as they drove forward, just the massive, well-tended garden that probably contained every plant known to man. He could also see the royal guards dressed in red and gold, the colors of the kingdom.

They stopped again and this time he heard the sound of a door opening and closing before his door was opened. The driver was there telling him to get out of the car before handing him to a guard.

It happens to quickly and sooner than he realized he was being walked into the palace, a guard on each side of him. He felt like a prisoner while being escorted by two armed guards. He didn't get the all the precautions, it was not like he would try to run; Peter was smart enough to know that the guards could kill him in the snap of their fingers. So of course, he would stay in his place, while surrounded by guards in probably the most guarded place of the country.

They stopped in front of a door knocking before opening it telling him to get inside, or more likely pushing him inside, before banging the door shut once again.

For a moment, Peter thought that he was alone in the room. He was in an office, a massive one, but cozy, nonetheless. What draw his eye was the shelves full off books, and a closer look he almost squealed from happiness at seeing the titles. It was full of the biggest scientific books, books that Peter would die to get his hands on. He was about to take one when a voice startled him