A Fairy Tale Begins

Class Roster

Boys:
Kol, 17

Matthew, 16

Damon, 16

Enzo, 15

Stefan, 9

Tyler, 7

Jeremy, 5

Girls:

Rebekah, 16

Kathy, 15

Harriet Jean, 15

Rose, 14

Alexa "Lexi", 9

Elena, 8

Bonnie, 7

Caroline, 7

Vicky, 6

April, 5

Pairing: Hayley/Kol-Damon (F/mm) paddle, 10x

Monday, August 20, 1855

School House

Earlier

Kathy spotted the dark, well-formed boy and blushed prettily. She pulled out her fan. She lined up with the other girls and began to fan herself.

"Rather warm today," Kathy breathed as she made eyes at Damon.

Harriet Ruth agreed, "Who is the pretty boy? I ain't seen him before. Awfully handsome."

"It is 'have not.' You should learn how to speak properly if you do not want to be a maid forever, especially Mrs. Whitmore's maid!" Kathy scolded. "He was at the church picnic, but I guess you were busy waiting on the old hag."

"Miss Kathy, if she hears you call her that again, she gonna whip you even worse than last time!" Harriet admonished with wide eyes.

"Harriet, don't call me 'Miss Kathy." Actually, please refer to me as 'Katherine.' That is more elegant. That boy, Damon, he is going to be very rich some day. His daddy is a loon, but owns all the lumber mills and a slew of other businesses. I think I would like to court him," Katherine purred under her fan.

"He is a handsome one, Miss, ew, I mean Katherine. But so is that taller boy," Harriet smiled shyly.

"Oh, stay away from him. He looks like trouble," Katherine intoned, looking Kol up and down. He was handsome in his own right indeed, but something kept her looking at Damon. Katherine thought she knew him, this Kol, but her mind had been so fuzzy of late. She had been nipping the cooking sherry at night, but this was more than that. At times, she felt like someone had played with her mind. She knew she was a vampire and that she had to drink blood, but the rest was fuzzy.

"Yes, ma'am," Harriet replied dutifully.

"Harriet Jean, when we are in the school house, you are a student, not a servant. Now get yourself a backbone and straighten up," Katherine chided. The vivacious, black haired vampire surveyed the other girls in the list. She hated to admit it, but Mrs. Whitmore was right. Katherine would have looked out of place in her new lace gown. All the other girls had on cotton.

Katherine's attention was brought to the little girl behind her in line when she shoved into Katherine hard.

"Watch yourself!" Katherine snapped, she was ready to push the girl until she realized it was a small child. The girl looked at Katherine with big eyes.

"Sorry, my sister pushed me!" the girl whined.

"Why, that twas not very nice," Katherine smiled.