Be Mine, My Valentine

Start from the beginning

Maybe Chaeyoung is right. I can't take it if someone decides to double their moves on her. It's now or never.

"Thanks Chaeng." She smiled at me while tapping my shoulder.

----------

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun rays peeked through my window form across my room. I smiled right away knowing that it's February 14 today. I suddenly felt so giddy knowing that we'll be going outside with the one and only, Jennie Kim.

I was fixing my bed humming some random song when suddenly I heard someone from the living room. I moved towards my door to listen.

"Jennie unnie, where are you going? And what's with the rush?" I heard Chaeng's voice. I didn't know that Jennie will be going somewhere today. We already planned to go to our favorite restaurant by lunch time.

"Unnie, just tell Lisa that I'll be going out for a while. Mino called and he wants to talk to me about something. I promise to be back by 11." I heard Jennie's reply to her. I looked at my clock and it's still 8 in the morning.

"I'll be going now."

"Okay Jendeuk. Be careful on your way." Jisoo unnie replied. I heard the door closed, meaning she's already gone.

"Chaeyounga, wake Lisa up. We'll have our breakfast now."

"Got it!"

My heart became so heavy hearing Mino's name. What are they going to talk? Will Mino confess to her? What if Jennie is feeling the same way towards him? Am I too late?

The door suddenly opened and I was faced with Chaeyoung eating some bread sticks. She was surprised seeing me standing in behind the door.

"Oh Lis, you're already awake! Let's have our breakfast. Jisoo unnie already cooked for us." She sprinted back and suddenly stopped when she remembered something.

"By the way, Jennie unnie is goin -"

"I know." I didn't let her finish. I just looked down while walking towards that kitchen to grabbed some water. I just felt so sad thinking about it. Jennie didn't even wait for me to wake up and tell it to me personally.

I kept looking at the time the moment we finished our breakfast. We were all seated at the couch watching a Netflix series. They were so focused with it, unlike me, still thinking about that brunette girl who went outside few hours ago.

9 am.

10am.

11am.

12pm.

1pm.

2pm.

3pm.

Jennie is still not here. Did she had her lunch already? Did she had it with Mino?

"Guy, just continue watching it without me. I'll just stay in my room and try to get some sleep." I declared as I stood going towards my room. I was stopped when Chaeyoung held my hand.

"You haven't eaten even a single slice of pizza here Lis." Yes, they already ordered a while ago for our lunch.

"It's okay Chaeyoung-a. I'm not hungry. You can have mine. Okay?" I smiled weakly.

I was about to close my door when Jisoo unnie asked. "Are you okay Lis?" She asked me with a concerned look on her face. She knew already why I felt this way.