Be Mine, My Valentine

"Jennie, tomorrow. Okay?"

I am trying to remind her as it's our annual tradition to celebrate Valentine's Day together. Since our training days, we are really looking forward to it every year. I remembered how emotional she was while giving me her Valentine's card, thanking me for being there for her all the time. In return, I also gave her a simple Valentine card together with a tub of her favorite milk-flavored ice cream. I smiled as I saw her eyes lit up because of the sight of it. I didn't realized that those gummy smile of hers captured my heart already without her knowing. I'm trying my best to act cool in front of them but Chaeyoung and Jisoo unnie noticed it right away. I'm still thankful that Jennie is still oblivious about it. I'm afraid on how she'll react if she knows my truth.

"Of course Lis. How could I forget that?" She replied, looking at my direction while she's watching her favorite movie, Frozen.

"Valentine's date again, eh?" Jisoo interrupted as she came from the kitchen preparing our dinner. I didn't realized that it's set already.

"I'm so jealous! Can I join you?" Chaeyoung whined as she already munching some green pepper in her mouth across the table. She always do that.

"I'm so sorry Rosie Posie, but it's our own date. Right Lis?" Jennie replied while winking at me. Damn, my heart goes into chaos again. Why does it has such an effect on me?

----------

After our dinner, I quickly went to my room to make my Valentine's card for Jennie. I already made for Jisoo unnie and Chaeyoung the other night. I am still thinking on how should I put my appreciation to her into words. It's really difficult this time as I don't want her to know my feelings towards her.

I walked towards my drawer and saw the black velvet box. I opened it and revealed a silver necklace with a dragonfly pendant in it. I'll surprise and give it to Jennie tomorrow.

I was so engrossed looking at the necklace as I didn't realize someone opened the door already.

"When are you going to tell her?" I jumped in surprise hearing that voice from behind. I accidentally tossed the box and fell on the floor. I quickly got it and luckily, nothing was damaged.

"Chaeyoung!"

"Haha! You should have seen your reaction Lis." Chaeyoung laughed so loud that made me rolled my eyes. She was laughing so hard that made her wiped her eyes with tears.

"Are you done?" I asked her with an annoyed tone. But deep inside, I'm so nervous as hell. I really thought that it's Jennie. I put back the necklace on my drawer. She looked at me and nodded.

"So?"

"So, what?" I was confused as to what she's referring to.

Chaeyoung moved and sat on my bed while facing at me. "Until when are you going to keep that?"

I looked down while looking at my hands. I'm still asking the same question to myself. I know for the fact that Mino, from the boy group Winner is trying to get her attention. He's really interested with Jennie and that makes me uncomfortable.

"I'm scared Chaeng."

She moved closer to me and held my hand. "And that's it? Are you just going to let that Mino guy take Jennie from you? Come on! You can do more than this Lis." Chaeng sighed and held a concern through her eyes. "Jisoo unnie and I knew how whipped you are for her. Have some courage. Okay? If you can't say it in person, maybe you can atleast try and write it down on the card that you'll be giving to her. And then, see how she'll react to it. "