chapter 1.

IT WAS TIRING HONESTLY,

it was exhausting, draining, fatiguing; but also thrilling, exhilarating and mostly intoxicating. this lifestyle that you made sure to forget, to hide inside a box far away on the back of your brain, the lifestyle that has been haunting you since the first moment you were brought to this world. a lifestyle that you hated with all your gut and seemed to not be able to get rid of. the lifestyle of a gangster.

you weren't sure who was the people following you this time, running after you on the lonely and dark streets of tokyo. the only thing you knew was that you couldn't escape anymore, not after being chased for 6 months now by different people. first were the wingless crows, a yakuza group that your gangster father had connections with and to whom he owed an enormous amount of money. then came the nekoma bois, another gang that somehow was connected to your father again, having a ridiculously big debt with them that needed to be payed.

and lastly, was today's group. you have been trying to remember all the gangs your father's been into or had any contact with for the whole night. because that's how long you've been running, a whole fucking night. how you ended up like this? easy telling:

𝟖:𝟑𝟒 𝐏𝐌

"uhh, should we eat ramen today y/n?" the orange haired boy asked you, tapping his finger on his chin. "we've been eating ramen for the last 5 nights hinata, let's eat something different tonight please" the boy pouted. "but ramen is my favorite!" you sighed, closing the door to your apartment, the one you shared with the short boy. "i swear to god if i keep eating ramen for dinner i'm leaving you and your stupid ass" at the threat, the boy stiffened and his complexion changed to a sad one.

his shoulders slumped down, admitting his defeat. you grinned at him, patting his back on the progress. "we can go to that onigiri shop down the street, i heard it's pretty good" hinata then looked at you with interest, following you down the stairs. "y'know what i heard too? that the owner and his coworkers are pretty hot too" you laughed heartily at your best friend's statement while he wiggled his eyebrows. "yeah, i think that's a plus"

opening the door of your building and stepping outside, you felt eyes on you, a feeling you thought you had gotten rid of a few weeks ago. hinata, always the most perceptive one, grabbed your hand and squeezed it, whispering lowly "i can feel them too. let's get out of here fast" you nodded briefly, enough for him to see the movement of your head. walking rapidly through the crow, you made sure to stay in alert for any case possible, your mind was aware of your surroundings and your eyes scanned every blind spot possible.

the short boy never left your hand, clutching it harder to remind you that you weren't alone. a habit that remained the same since your childhood; when your father would yell at you for whatever reason, hinata's hand was always there interlaced with yours, reminding you that you'll be okay, that he will always be there for you.

and he always was, he never left your side. hinata was the only source of company and interaction that you had during your childhood and teenage years. he was the only son of one of your father's man, his right hand to be more exact. you were around 5 when you met him; he was casually walking along his dad inside your house looking for your father — the gang leader. his body was little and skinny, his orange hair was longer than it was now, his eyes big and innocent. physically he would look like he was around your age but, in reality, he was 3 years older than you.

you had escaped from your maids grasps, running around your house for a place to hide until you found him instead. his eyes widened in surprise at your sudden intrusion on the hallway, scanning your messy hair that you refused to brush and that stupid princess dress you never took off. he knew about your existence but your father prohibited anyone to come near you. you felt lonely, always surrounded by annoying old maids that tried to make a beautiful and submissive girl out of you.