c h a p t e r | f o u r t e e n

{when my time comes around, lay me gently in the cold dark earth}-h

-h.

Hazel sighed loudly rolling over to the left side of her bed staring at the blaring red numbers on her alarm clock signalling it was only 3:41am. She sighed to herself loudly sitting up rubbing her hand across her hand across her face exasperatedly. There was no way she was going to be able to sleep after everything.

She rolled herself out of her bed and stood up, wincing at how cold the wooden floor was on her feet. She grabbed her cozy socks from where she discarded them, sat back down and put them on, taking a deep breath as she did so. She headed out her room and padded lightly down the stairs in aim to not wake her grandmother. Tea. Tea always helps.

She was surprised when she walked into the kitchen seeing her grandmother sat on the small table, reading through an old grimoire. What Hazel wasn't surprised at, was the glass filled with whiskey next to her and a cigarette in her hand.

"Can't sleep kid?" Her grandmother asked without even turning. Hazel headed over to the cabinet to grab one of the herbal teas her grandmother seemed to have an endless supply of.

"Neither can you by the looks of it" Hazel popped the tea bag in a cup she grabbed from the dish rack on the side of the sink, filled the kettle up and put it on the cooker to boil "you want one?"

"Nah I'll stick to the good old fashioned method and blackout out from being drunk" her grandmother finally looked up at her, taking a drag of her cigarette as she did. How the hell did she look that good when she clearly hadn't slept the entire night where Hazel had bags under eyes she could probably sell and class as designer they were that big. "Are you okay?"

"I will be once we get this mess sorted" Hazel replied, turning to take the kettle which was whistling off the cooker to pour the hot water in her mug. She took the seat opposite to her grandmother on the table. "What are you looking at?"

"Seeing if there's away we can send your stalkers spirit back into his body." Hazels eyes widened "it's not impossible, but it won't be easy."

"We can do that? What about if my moms right, what if he talks?" Hazel asked worriedly blowing on her mug before taking a sip, grateful for the warmth that flooded through her body. At that second, the wood burner in the living room set alight by itself, the heat already flowing into the kitchen.

God I love magic, Hazel thought to herself.

"It's difficult" her grandmother sighed taking another drag looking at Hazel deeply, her chest tightening seeing at how exhausted her granddaughter looked, "and yeah we need to work out how to keep him from talking without sending you back there."