The train to Hogwarts

A/N
That last one was kind of short and a little fast I think. But I will try to make my story better. And like I said I would love some feedback. Thank you!
* * * * *
In the car on the way to the station it was just me and mum. Dad had to work and Petunia didn't want to come see me off to school. the whole ride I was jumping up and down, so excited to see my best friends Marlene and Alice! I am sure if mum could do magic, she would do a silencing charm on me!
"We are here!" I squealed.
"Oh! I can't believe my little girl is all grown up. I am going to miss you so much!" She said when we were at the wall in between platforms nine and ten. She was terrified to go through it. I tried to get her to but she just wouldn't. That's okay I guess. I understand, I was terrified on my first day. I had no idea how to get through the wall and would have missed the train if it had not told me how to get to it in my letter.
"I love you mum! I said and hugged her. "Tell dad I love him too."
"Okay sweetheart! I love you so so much! Goodbye! See you at holiday! And send me letters."
"Okay mum. Can do. Bye." I said and ran through the wall and saw the familiar red steam engine I have come to love. I went and tried to get my trunk along with my new congratulatory owl onto the train but just couldn't! I was trying with all my might when it all of a sudden got so much lighter. I looked and saw none other than-
"Hey Evans! How was holiday?!"
Potter.
"Fine thank you very much." Said stubbornly.
"I bet you missed me loads!" He said with that grin of his.
"As a matter of fact I didn't. thank you for helping me with my trunk but I should go find Marlene and Alice. They'll be waiting."
"Hey Evans. Do you want me to come with you? We could get our own little compartment. If you know what I mean." He said winking.
"Not in a million years, Potter. Why don't you go off and find thou 'marauders' of yours. I'm sure they, unlike me, will be glad to see you." I said and stomped off looking for my friends. I soon found them playing a game of exploding snap in a compartment with just them and their luggage.
"Lilly!!! It's been so so long! I can't believe it! We are going back to Hogwarts for our last year!" Marlene said.
"I know! It's crazy isn't it?!" I said with just as much enthusiasm as her. "Hi Alice! How was your summer?!" I continued.
"Oh it was just wonderful! Frank came over for a week! It was so fun! Then I went to his home for a week also! Oh Lilly! I think I'm in love with him!" She said falling onto the seat with a sort of dazzled look in her eyes.
"And you, Marlene?" I said turning to her. We sat down.
"It was all right. My family is kind of just falling apart! We are going through such tough times right now. Mum is staying positive though. You Lilly?"
"I'm fine. Summer was fine. But..." I trailed off with a mischievous grin on my face.
"What?" Alice demanded, now out of her day dream state of mind.
"Well it's just.. That..."
"Oh come on Evans! The suspense is killing me!" Marlene basically shouted.
"Okay! Okay! I made head girl!" I yelled just as loud as Marlene.
The 3 girls squealed with happiness and excitement and started jumping around the compartment.
Then the door slid open and the marauders came in. Sirius came and started mocking the girls screeching, jumping, and waving his hands around in front of him as if he were having a cat fight. The girls stopped and looked at him.
"What? Can't I happy dance too?!"
"Dear Merlin Sirius. Just sit down your embarrassing yourself." Remus said.
"Hope you don't mind us sitting here but all the compartments are full." He added as an after thought.
"Okay. I guess it's fine." Alice said, she was always the nice one of the 3 of us.
"So Remus." I said conversationally, "are you the head boy?" I was fine with Remus being head boy with me. We've always got on well.
"No. Sorry Lilly."
"It's fine. It's not like that's YOUR fault. Do you happen to know who is heads with me, by any chance?"
"Yes actually."
"Really?! Who?!" I was sitting straight up in my seat now.
"You sure you want to know? "
"Yes!"
"Positive?"
"Yes yes yes! Just tell me already!"
"Okay. It's James potter my dear friend sitting two seats to your left."
"What?!" I yelled standing up.
"I know. It's hard to believe that someone as drop dead sexy as me could also be head boy also. Don't think to hard about it, you might hurt yourself or something!" James said coolly.
"No no no. There has got to be a mistake! There is no way Dumbledore would choose YOU as head boy! What did you do to him!" I said.
"I was just as surprised as you, sweet cheeks." Sirius said.
"Ugh! you've ruined getting to be head girl for me! Thanks James!" I said plopping down onto my seat.

* * * * * *
An hour later.
"Come on James. We have to go and conduct the prefects meeting." I said standing up.
"Okay Lilly flower. lets go." He replied cheerily. I rolled my eyes.
When we got there the compartment was empty. None of the other prefects had arrived yet. So I sat down.
James sat down next to me. Close. And he put his arm on top of the chair behind me. I scooted away.
"Oh come on lills. No need to be cold to me. It's not my fault I was chosen!" He said defensively.
"I guess your right." I looked at him.
"Hold on Lilly, you've got an eyelash on your cheek." He said getting really close to my face and getting the eyelash off. I just sat there staring into his captivating eyes. So handsome. I found myself leaning a little closer. Our noses were just centimeters away. And then it happened. I kissed him! It was a slow, nice kiss. I actually kind of liked it. I like his dark jet black hair, and his amazing eyes, and his- No Lilly! No! You do not like James freaking potter! You can't!
I pulled away very confused! I heard footsteps coming closer to our compartment, I moved about 4 seats away from him.
What in the heck just happened?!

Hope you guys like it. Tell me if you want the chapters longer also. :)