Chapter 5

Katie's POV 

"Winter Formal: Home Edition! We've got snow. How fun is that?" I started. "We've got snacks, we've got games..." "I'm not in the mood, Katie," Alexa said. "We've got a girl who is not in the mood." I said. 

"Hey, who needs Winter Formal?" Lucas barged into Alexa's room. "Want to see me juggle?" "Uh... We're not in the mood, Lucas." I said. "Oh, good, because I cannot juggle." He replied.

"I'm sorry." Alexa said "I know you guys are just trying to cheer me up, but it's no use. As much as I say I won't let cancer control my life, it does." "Alexa..." "Just please go to the dance. I'd feel even worse if you missed it, too." "OK, if you're sure." Lucas said. "I mean, if I were you, I'd want you to go. Wait. I'd want me... OK, if I were me... I love you." Lucas left. "Katie, you're going, too." Alexa said. "You can't miss this because of me. You can't tell Hannah and Reagan you can't go because of me. I don't want to tell them that I can't go." "Hey, I can call them for you." I decided. "You can talk to them later when you're ready." "Thanks, Katie." Alexa said. "Now, I'm sorry, but I really want to be alone." "OK," I replied. I couldn't help it so I gave Alexa a quick kiss on the cheek to make her feel better. She smiled at me and I left.

Alexa's POV 

Did Katie just kiss me? Wow. That's not to say I didn't want her to. I hope she has fun at the Winter Formal. I know she should go so I told her to, but I really want her to be with me.