Chapter 5: Lost in the woods(Everest's past) Part 1

While the PAW patrol started looking for their lost pups,Marshall and Everest are still stuck in that forest,thinking of what to do now that they're still here...

Everest: I'm hungry...

Marshall: I know...me too... No pup treats today,so I guess we're gonna have to find our own food...

Everest: well,there's this recipe I know how to make when I was still surviving on my own,before I even met Jake... But,it's not going to taste good,and besides we had to eat anyway...

Marshall: okay then... I'd rather eat that than eat grass... So what are we going to need to make it?

Everest: I'm gonna need a bunch of sticks for fuel,a small pot,some rocks and water

Marshall: Ok. I have water in my pup pack,so that's one
.
.
.
Marshall started to look for some rocks and sticks,while Everest prepares the ingredients for their breakfast.

Marshall: ok...I got some sticks and stones...what else do we need?

Everest: well...we don't have a pot...and I don't know if we can make fire
.
.
.
Just as she said that,Marshall noticed a good ol' pot under a big rock and obtained it. Everest found a matchbox inside a tree hole,and the good thing is the matches are dry and capable of starting a fire.

Everest: well,we've got everything we need!

Marshall: we're a great team!

Everest started cooking their breakfast while Marshall went off looking for civilization... Marshall finds it hard to find them since he doesn't have his vehicle,and besides,his fire truck won't be an ideal vehicle for the snowy environment...Everest had to get used to her resources on the other hand. It has been long since she has survived on her own... She may have felt like life became easier for her when Jake took care of her,but now,she has to get to surviving again...with Marshall

Everest: whew... Breakfast's ready-

...

Everest: (oh yeah...Marshall went looking for civilization...)

Marshall: *pants* no luck...

Everest: well,you can keep looking for civilization later and eat first

Marshall: okay

This is the first time Marshall ever gets to taste something her huge crush made for them...he attempted to taste it and after that,he enjoyed it thoroughly.

Marshall: This was delicious! You're good at this,Everest!

Everest: *giggles* you're welcome... *blushing*

That compliment made Everest blush completely...no one has ever complimented her cooking...probably because she hasn't told the pups yet,and this is the second time she has to survive on her own...but today,she was with Marshall. Marshall was eating and he noticed the frown on Everest's face...

Marshall: Hey... what's with the face?

Everest: *sighs* You know... This wasn't the first time I survive on my own...

Marshall: we know... Jake told you about the time you saved him before...

Everest: but Marshall...there is more to that... I've been surviving for a very long time... you see...

Flashback...

Everest: Mom! Let's go! We gotta meet Dad!

???: Okay okay,my little Everest... I can't wait either...

Everest waited for her dad while her mom started preparing the soup she knows how to cook...a tall husky appeared from a distance,revealing to be-

Everest: Daddy! *hugs the dad*

???: Oh my dear,it's so good to see you...

???: Hey there,sweetheart

???: Hey honey...good news...my work finally paid off...the resident decided to buy the house that my master made. Now we won't go hungry anymore

???: Oh sweetheart...that's good news... *kiss*

???: I know,honey... *kiss*

Everest: *closes eyes*

???: So... what's for dinner?

Everest: you know... Our favorite

???: Well sounds good,let's all eat...

Flashback ends...

Marshall: whoa...I didn't know you have parents...my parents were out there,saving the city from everyday fire...

Everest: actually...those were fun times...we may be poor,but we're always happy...but then...

Marshall: but then what?

Everest: ...

Flashback...

Everest: Mom? Dad? Where are we going?

Everest saw a broken window in her parent's room and she was in complete shock... Everest and her parents quickly ran out of the house...

Wolf: you can run,but you can't run forever!

???: EVEREST! LET'S GO!

Everest: *whimpers...*

As she and her parents made their way out,the wolves quickly catched up to them,and since that's the thing...her parents have to make the ultimate sacrifice...

???: Everest,my dear...whatever you do...run...and don't look back...

Everest: Mom...

???: Always follow the direction your heart tells you to go to... From now on... You're going to have to live the rest of your life without us...

Everest: D-Dad?...

???: You'll always be our lovely Everest...and we'll always love you...

Everest's parents threw her in a log,which floated off the flowing,cold river. Her parents distracted the wolves to steer them away from Everest. As Everest got her strength to get back up in her paws,she saw the whole thing and her heart dropped

Everest: MOM!!! DAD!!!

She watched in horror as the wolves started feasting on her parents...she can hear their ear-piercing screams of terror...she can't do anything about it and she sobbed while the river continued to take her very far away...

Everest: Mom...Dad... I'm sorry... *sobs*

Flashback ends...

Everest just talking about it made her shed a tear from that gruesome memory...she never wanted to talk about in the first place. Marshall felt very sorry for her,and he felt anger...he wanted to kill the wolves to killed her parents...

Everest: I've been surviving for so long,I probably don't even have how long I've been with only myself...

Marshall: *sighs* well,what happened next?

Everest: that was just the beginning of my past...
.
.
.
Author's note:

Take note that the PAW patrol series has never mentioned about Everest's parents,so Everest's past is not canon. Also,now I feel bad for just making up that backstory...but don't worry,I'll explain more on that backstory in the next chapter. See ya

-Allen