22 | bad habit

In the dimly lit living room of her apartment, Olivia perked up at the click of the front door lock. Hearing the familiar sound of wheels rolling over the door sill, she wrapped her knees closer to her chest and waited.

He was home.

"Hi," she smiled, catching the first glimpse of Spencer's exhausted face as he came around the corner.

"Hey."

Even after the whirlwind of an NFL game day, the sight of her perched on the couch in his jersey managed to pull a tired smile from him. Dropping his backpack, he fell into the spot next to her, emitting a loud groan as the aches pulsed through his body.

"I missed you," Olivia mumbled between slow kisses. Shifting onto his lap, she grabbed his face while he held still for her. Too tired to escalate anything, he relaxed under her, allowing her tongue to pierce his lips and explore until she was short of breath.

"You balled out today. How was New York?" she pulled away reluctantly.

He chuckled at her swollen lips.

"Lonely," he scooted back, dragging her hips with him.

Settling her knees on either side of his legs, she wrapped her arms around his waist, letting her body melt against his. "You mean your teammates didn't keep you company?" she asked, nestling her face into his neck.

"Not like this," he mumbled as his eyelids fell shut.

"Well, I'm happy you're home then," she whispered, gently pressing her lips into the crook of his neck, feeling the tremor of his vocal cords as he hummed in agreement.

In the stillness, the light touch of her lips and the scent of her body lotion took over him, encompassing him in everything that was Olivia. Under the weight of her body, his mind went blank, teetering on the edge of sleep. Only to be drawn out of it when he felt her shift against him. Her fingers were dancing around his hips, eventually finding the hem of his hoodie and pulling it over his head.

"Come," she rolled off him and patted the space between her legs. Resisting any more movement, his body struggled to respond. But with a bit of effort, he eventually managed to settle against her, rolling his head back onto her stomach as her fingers dug into his muscles.

"Do you have to go again next week?" she spoke up as her knuckle began to gently twist into his shoulder.

His throaty laugh vibrated through her body. "You know the answer to that," he murmured as he fought against his heavy eyelids.

"That's two weekends in a row. It's cutting into the little time we have," she complained.

"Come to the game," he proposed, a low moan escaping him when she hit a particularly tight knot.

"And sit in a hotel all alone while you're held hostage by the team. No thank you," she shook her head. "Plus, Kia's in town on Saturday, I'm getting brunch with her."

"What happened to cutting into our weekend time," he accused, coming back to the present with this new information. "I'll still be here for a couple hours in the morning."

"I'll say goodbye before I head out," she smirked, pushing his weight off of her when her legs started to go numb.

"Better say more than just goodbye, girl," he sat up. Slightly rejuvenated by her massage, but mostly missing the contact, he pulled her back into his lap, straddling her against his waist.

"Do you think this phase is going to wear off?" she asked timidly. Their one heated argument aside, the past two months have felt nothing short of an extended honeymoon.