16 | down for you

Spencer leaned back in the armchair and cleared his throat.

Click. Click. Click.

Slowly rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt, he took a deep breath then clasped his hands together. His eyes stayed steady on the scene in front of him.

Click. Click. Click.

Another fifteen minutes went by with him in this position. Not once did he reach for his phone or let his gaze waver. It was only when he shifted in his seat that he was graced with some acknowledgement.

"Sorry, just one more minute," Olivia mumbled, not looking up. She leaned forward as her fingertips danced over the keyboard of her laptop. One of her interviewees had cancelled, and she needed to send interview requests to the other contenders as soon as possible.

"I'm not rushing you," Spencer replied. "Though I am wondering why you invited me in."

Olivia's head jerked up at his comment, "I wanted to hang out. Don't you want to hang out?"

"I do, but we ain't doing much of that."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'm almost done, I swear." She turned back to her laptop, biting her lip as she considered the phrasing in her email.

Spencer relaxed back into the chair again, this time grabbing his phone for entertainment.

Earlier that evening, they had decided to go out to dinner when they both found themselves free for the night. They were enjoying their usual banter over dumplings up until Olivia received a text about work and withdrew from the conversation.

Click. Click. Click.

"Alright, I'm not gonna bother you any more," he relented after he went ignored for another ten minutes.

"You're not bothering me," she said to her screen.

Digging into his pocket, he pulled out a VIP Club pass and slid it across the coffee table, "I'll just leave this here." He managed to stand up before she paused long enough to glance over. Not recognizing it immediately, she turned back to her laptop.

"Really, Liv?" he pressed.

"What?" she turned back towards him before looking down. Her face lit up when it finally registered. "Does this mean?" she looked up at him expectedly.

"Oh, now you're interested?" he smirked. "Yes, I'm playing this weekend. And yes, you get to come."

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she squealed, jumping up to wrap her arms around his neck. "I can't wait."

"You're going to be waiting a bit longer if you don't let me breath," he choked.

"Sorry," she giggled, loosening her grip. "And you got one for Kia? She's gonna be in town this weekend. Remember?"

"Yes, everyone's covered. Kia and your mom and pops, but you're the one who has to behave."

"Yes, sir," she pulled away and saluted him.

"I mean it. I can't get on the security team's bad side," he gave her stern look, unamused by her childishness. "They did me a solid this time."

"I promise," she nodded, holding her pinky up to him to show her sincerity. "No more fights."

Smiling, he looped his pinky through hers and brought his fist up to his lips.

"Thank you," he responded appreciatively.

"Unless someone tries me again," she mumbled when he turned to head towards the kitchen.

"I'm serious, Liv."