But of course, I turned my gaze at her. I did my best to avoid her for the past eight months. Not even a single stare. Not during the interviews, not during the concerts, nowhere and never. After all, she did the same. With the difference that she avoided any contact with me even after we were off the stage and there were no cameras. She was detached by all of us. She only spoke a bit with Dinah. Most of the time she listened to the music or she was just there with us, speaking only if she had to. And even then she used to be close-mouthed. She was never smiling. I felt that she didn't want to be with us anymore and preferred hanging out with Taylor.

On the other hand, I deserved an Oscar for hiding my feelings. I kept pretending that everything was fine, while nothing was fine after everything that happened. I pretending to have the time of my life. During the interviews I glowed, laughing hard and talking too much. I made fun of everyone except Camila. She didn't allow me to, making obvious her feelings about me. Despite I didn't like it, I respected her decision, because I did my best. I did my best to make her forgive me, but she was adamant. So after the day she squashed me, I stopped trying. She was detached so much from me and the other girls that I had no hope anymore. Her life was surrounded by other celebrities, Taylor Swift with her stupid squad and Shawn Mendes. There was a chance they had gotten laid and I shouldn't care what they did together. Camila was like what she used to, only when she hung out with them. That version of her that laughed like it was her last day on Earth.

'Am I going to show that I still care about her? That I'm hurt? That I still think of what happened back then? Hell no!' I did my best to pretend I'm fine. To make her see that I'm at my best. I wanted her to see that I didn't care anymore.=

However, there were times like this one that it was too hard for me to hide. I hadn't listened to that tremble in her voice for eight months now. Since I saw her crying, because of me.

Camila singing and crying in front of so many people without being able to be unprecedented. I wondered whether she still cared about me, but then I realised it was far from the truth. It was clear that she despised me. She might even be getting sick by the thought of me. If she ever thought of me.

I did the mistake of staring at her for a few seconds while I had promised to myself I'd never lay my eyes on her again. But those seconds were enough. She was some feet away. Normani, Ally and Dinah were between us. I found it funny that she always made sure to be as far from me as possible. Her hands trembled on the microphone, while her body position on the chair, revealed that she was all in. She was so talented that every time, it felt like the lyrics were getting a life. Through her mouth, everything sounded different. Her eyes were wet, staring at the crowd, but I was sure neither she was paying attention to them. Dinah beside her was stroking her back, making me wonder whether she was comforting her and for what reason. I wondered whether she knew since they used to be very close. But Camila also used to be close to me as well. I used to be her best friend. I was the one she always consulted, always being there for her, always looking after her every time she needed someone. 'How long has it been since we used to be like that? So much time. We used to be so Innocent. Who thought we would end up like that?'

My gaze turned elsewhere only when I felt Normani, Ally and Dinah staring at me, startled. Everyone except Camila of course. For eight months the only interaction she had with me was a few fake comments during some interviews. I didn't expect her to change her mind after so long. Her brown gaze was on the microphone she was clenching, bowing her head. 'Just fucking look at me.'

"Lauren!" I heard Normani whispering beside me and then I realised for some minutes all I heard was nothing since I was lost in my thoughts. My lips parted by the shakeup. "Are you serious? Sing!"