"Okay, I'll be there. What time?"

"That's wonderful, Ms Montez. Shall we say six?" The excitement in his voice made me laugh.

"Six it is. I'll see you then, Alfred."

We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I put my head into my hands and sighed. What have I just gotten myself into?

*****

As I was getting ready to leave for Wayne Manor, I was having an inner debate with myself about whether I should be going at all. I did want to fix things with Bruce, and maybe this would be the perfect place to start, but then at the same time I didn't want to get hurt again. I guess I just had to take things steady and see. I couldn't worry about something that hasn't even happened. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

I decided to wear a mid-thigh black leather skirt along with a beige jumper and black heeled boots. I clipped my hair back allowing it to fall down one side of my shoulder and put on some natural make-up. I didn't want to be too fancy or too casual, but I at least wanted to look nice. It has nothing to do with impressing Bruce. He had already seen me at my best and my worst.

I drove to Wayne Manor myself and I enjoyed not having a chauffeur for once. It didn't take me long to arrive, and when I got to the gates I stopped. Alfred didn't explain what to do, so instead I just leant out and put in the pin that I had when I lived here. To my surprise, it still worked and the gates opened allowing me to pass through. Getting closer to the manor I did feel more nervous by the second, but I took a deep breath and reminded myself that I could do this. What is there to be so afraid of? Parking up, I grabbed my bag and made my way to the front doors. Memories came flooding back into my mind.

That was it. I was done. I stepped out through the doors carrying the last of my belongings. Alfred was quick on my tail.

"Ms Montez, please think about this. I know you're hurting, but surely we can find a way to work this out."

"Alfred, I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I can't be here anymore." He didn't argue anymore, instead he turned to look at Bruce who was standing in the doorway with his head low. He looked like he was in pain, and for a small second I wanted him to come after me, not Alfred. I wanted him to tell me to stay. That he'd fix all of it and we could go back to how we used to be, but he didn't.

Before I could get upset about the thought, the door opened and I was greeted by Alfred's cheerful gleam. "Ms Montez, come in," he said stepping aside and gesturing for me to enter. I did so and my eyes quickly examined the place. Nothing had changed since I had left. It was still the same beautiful home I remembered. I was stunned by its beauty. "Shall I take your bag and coat?" Alfred asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you," I replied, handing them both to him. As I did, Bruce entered the room cautiously. He was wearing casual attire which wasn't often for Bruce, and his hair was messily pushed back. He didn't look tired like he usually did, he actually looked well, as if he had been taking care of himself. He smiled slightly and cleared his throat, putting his hands into his pockets.

"I'll be right back," Alfred muttered heading down the hallway to put away my belongings leaving Bruce and I alone. Alfred knows exactly what he was doing, but I couldn't be mad at him.

"How have you been?" Bruce asked standing still.

"I've been good. Yourself?"

"Same old, same old with me. You know how it is," he shrugs a little and there is an awkward silence between us until he breaks it. "Thanks for coming. I didn't think that you would."

"Why's that?" As soon as I asked the question, I knew it was a stupid one.

"For obvious reasons. I didn't think you'd want to step foot back in here ever again."