2. Arrival At The Farm

Start from the beginning

"It's good to see you as well Laur," Natasha said as she smiled, it had been a while since she had seen them, so this was a good time to have a break. "Yeah, honestly though Laur. I have no idea what I am doing here. I'm in deep over my head," she admitted.

Laura smiled and patted Natasha's shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll help you Nat with whatever you need," she reassured her friend. "Come on let's head inside and go see what the girls are up to," she said.

"I know Amelia's older than Lila but she seems about the same size so I have some old clothes that she can wear and when you're ready, we can always take a trip to a nearby store to get some things," Laura motioned to the pile of clothes that she had in her arms.

"Yeah, that's cool. Thank you, Laur," Natasha said gratefully as she accepted the clothes and placed them down on the bed in the bedroom that she had at the farm.

"No problem," Laura offered her a smile and nodded. "Alright, I will go and get started on dinner. I'm thinking hotdogs tonight. Do you know if there's anything that Amelia is allergic to at all?" she questioned.

"As far as I'm aware she isn't," Natasha said, she had briefly read over the file that she had been given. "I don't really know what she does and doesn't like," she added wearily.

"Okay, well don't worry and we can figure it out. We'll see if she likes Hotdogs and if she doesn't, then I can always make something else," Laura said as she saw the panic on Natasha's face. "Hey, it's all going to be fine, Nat,"  she reassured her.

"Thank you," Natasha said as she let out a sigh of relief, it was good to know that she had help from two of her closest friends who she considered family.

The two women headed downstairs, Laura went to start dinner while Natasha walked into the lounge where she found both Lila and Amelia sat drawing pictures while Clint sat on the couch to keep an eye on the two of them.

"Auntie Nat, look I drew you a picture!" Lila said proudly as she held up the picture to show her aunt. "Daddy said that when we've finished, we can put them up on the fridge!" she exclaimed.

"Wow, that's so cool. That's really good Lila," Natasha said as she smiled at the younger girl while she looked at the picture before handing it back to Lila. "Amelia, your picture looks really good as well. I like it,"  The redhead told the redheaded child, she didn't say anything but she gave Natasha a small smile. It wasn't much but it was there and Natasha felt like it was a small step in the right direction.

Clint caught the smile that Amelia gave Natasha and smiled. "Baby steps Nat." He told his best friend.

Natasha nodded and smiled. "Baby steps," she repeated hastily.

"Dinners' ready!" Laura announced from the kitchen as she placed a bowl of salad on the table.

"I'm hungry!" Lila complained as she instantly ran towards the table.

"Oh! That smells so good," Clint exclaimed as she stood up from his spot on the couch. "I'll go and get Cooper from his bedroom," he told his wife.

"Okay. Good luck pulling him away from that videogame," Laura said amused as she watched her husband head off upstairs.

"Hey, Amelia. Are you hungry?" Natasha questioned when she noticed the eight-year-old hadn't moved. "Laura's made dinner. You like hotdogs, right?" she asked apprehensively.

"Yes," Amelia said quietly as she continued to colour in the picture that she drew.

"How about we give the colouring a break and go get a hotdog?" Natasha suggested to the little girl.