Twelve (12) - Battle of Trost Arc (III)

Start from the beginning

"That is, if human race still exists by then..." Jean said. Y/n looked at Jean and just stared at him. She saw the dark and gloomy look on Jean's face.

Although, she wants to comfort Jean, she knows it's not going to be of use. They're still in the middle of a titan invasion. Things like comforting someone is not really going to help.

Y/n's brows furrowed when she heard a familiar's voice of a man. Her eyes caught Daz sobbing while holding his head and throwing a trantrums at Marco. "Marco...I...I'm done...I can't...I can't fight the titans...my buddies were eaten right in front of me. They were eaten alive...and I didn't feel anything! No sadness or hate...I was just incredibly thankful that it wasn't me...but next time, it'll be my turn...
I've figured it out! What our job really is...in short...we keep fighting...until the titans devour us!" Daz said.

The man suddenly drew his blade.

"If I'm gonna be eaten alive...I'd rather die here!!" Daz said,.

He was about to stab himself, but Daz, himself, and everyone else around was surprised when Y/n grabbed his collar and forced him to stand up.

The h/c girl stared at him with sharp glares. "So what?! You're gonna kill yourself, Daz?!" Y/n furiously asked.

The h/c girl clenched her jaw whilst she stares at Daz with dagger glares. "Get a hold of yourself! You're not the only one! We're all struggling with fear, pain and whatever that makes out sanity ruined...you don't have to kill yourself just to end it....Maybe you're right, killing yourseld will end it. But when you really kill yourself, you're just passing your fear and pain to someone else." Y/n said. Daz eyes widened a bit when he saw the tears welling up on the h/c's girls eyes.

Jean's brows shot-up when he realized something. Y/n is emotional and is surely sensitive right now, because someone tried to commit suicide.

Jean knows Y/n doesn't do well with issues like ending your own life.

As she saw something like that from her mother who died from suicide.

"Look at Sasha...even after what she went through, she's still a perfect soldier!" Y/n said.

Daz looked at Sasha who suddenly became anxious. Y/n and everyone else were surprised when the pretty brunette-girl started groaning and acting like in pain while holding her stomach. "Aggghhh! Um...my stomach is killing me....can you put me downas injured?" Sasha asked, still acting.

Y/n sighed and shook her head.

She let go of Daz which gave the man the chance to stab himself again.

"That's it!!" Daz said and was about to do it, but Y/n held his hand.

It was aggressive at first in order to stop him from stabbing himself.

But as seconds pass by, Y/n's hold on his hand became gentle.

Daz stared at Y/n with wide and teary eyes. While a single-tear escaped Y/n's eyes. She then let out a sigh and shut her eyes for a few moments. "It's not... worth it. Killing yourself is not worth it. But if you think it will really end everything that you're going through, then go. Kill yourself. But don't do it here. You're just gonna became a pain in the ass. End your useless self, but don't do it here." Y/n said. Then let go of Daz and turned her back on him.

Y/n made eye-contact with Jean, the young man stood up and attempted to go to her, but Y/n shook her head, signaling for Jean not to go near her.

Jean sighed and stayed on his place.

Y/n looked back at Daz for the last time. The man stared at her, still shocked and holding his blade while his hands are shaking. "I just hope you don't have a family waiting for you. Waiting for you to come back and be with them again." Y/n said.