destiny

A/N: Cameron discovers more about her destiny

We're in the fountain. It's just me and Thorin, in the fountain, and we're... very, very naked. I don't know how we got here, or what happened in the first place, but all that I know is that he's naked, I'm naked, and we're standing so close that I feel like his breath is mine.

"Cameron..." his deep voice rumbles, making shivers run down my spine. I don't protest when his arms wrap around my waist, gasping when he pulls me close, bodies now touching. I stare into those deep blue eyes, and am overcome by the huge need to kiss him. And so I do. His lips touch mine, wet skin meets wet skin, and everything else in my head just disappears. His hands roam my body, setting it on fire wherever they go, and all I can think is that I want, no, need to get closer. His lips move away from mine, and I nearly pout until they find my neck, sucking harshly. I moan, body curving against his, his hands supporting my back as he leans me back. Gently, he lays me down in the water, him on top of me, body fully pressed against mine, and I see stars, and it's not the ones that are currently in the sky.

"Thorin..." I moan, feeling his lips trail down my body, lower and lower and lower until...

'Knock.Knock.Knock'

I wake up, startled, his name still on my lips. Eyes wide, I look at the door.

"Yes?" I call out, voice still shaky.

"Cam, it's Bilbo! Were you sleeping?" my friend calls from behind the door.

"Uh, y-yes!" I call back, forcing myself to take deep breaths.

"Oh, sorry! I wanted to ask you if you wanted to check out the library! Apparently, it's even bigger than our home!" He exclaims excitedly.

"I-I'll come find you when I get up properly, okay?" I ask, my heart beating like mad.

"Sure! Bye!" I hear Bilbo's feet as he walks away, and sigh deeply. What. The. Hell. Did I just dream?

It takes me another 10 minutes to get out of my shocked state, and then it only gets worse, the dream replaying itself over and over in my head. It had felt so real... Enough! This was not going to get any better unless I did something about it. Sighing, I get out of bed. Time for a long, long shower...

"Lady Cameron." A voice speaks up, making me turn from where I'd been admiring the flowers in the gardens. I had joined Bilbo for a while after I took my shower, but the library hadn't helped to distract me from my dream at all, so I'd told Bilbo I'd take a stroll in the garden.

"Lord Elrond." I greet the Elf with a polite smile, turning back to look at the flowers as he moves to stand beside me.

"This place is beautiful." I say after a while.

"I can only agree with you." Elrond answers, voice soft.

"How do you manage to last with those Dwarves? They are exhausting." He adds after a moment with a deep sigh, making me chuckle.

"They aren't that bad, once you get to know them. They may be rude and suspicious of others than their own kin, but they are also very loyal, and sweeter than I expected them to be." I say, smiling fondly as I glance up at him for a moment, seeing the surprise in his eyes.

"You must have a lot of patience." I laugh at it, shaking my head at the Elf.

"Not at all. When I first met them, I had a fight with Thorin right away. They do get on my nerves a lot. I'll admit that I'm relieved to have a room of my own to stay in, I've forgotten how peaceful and quiet the world can be." I admit, causing him to chuckle amusedly.