Chapter 3

May 29th, 1987

Michael's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Maya left my House. I'm still with Amber and she sometime hits me...still. It's May 29th that means it's Maya's birthday. She will be 23 I think..I honestly think that she is 19. She looks very young. I'm planning a surprise birthday party at my house tonight. Whitney, Diana Ross, Emmanuel Lewis, Eddie and my family will be there. Plus like 210 others. I hope she likes it because I put a lot of hard work into this.

I planned this about a week ago before I knew that she was going to get upset with me. Overall the total cost of the party is $950.00 but it's worth it.

Maya's POV

I woke up to my alarm on my phone ringing..something feels different from other days. Eh I don't really care so I got up, washed my face, did my makeup and changed into some clothes. Today I am wearing a circle skirt, sandals and a t shirt. My hair is in a messy bun so I just kept it there because it's cute. I headed out for the day and went to fruit market, forever 21, fashion Fury which is a upscale store. After all that I headed out for lunch. I didn't want to go out that much so I just went to "Jamba Juice". I got a sub and a smoothie. I did some more shopping and by the time I got home it was 9:45pm I was not tired at all. Actually I could not fall asleep. I turned on the tv and I went straight to mtv. They had an hour of music playing. So I cleaned up the house a little bit while the music was playing. P.Y.T came on... I honestly miss Michael a lot and his voice but I can't stand Amber.

Ding dong*

The doorbell rang. I walked to the door and looked through the little whole to see who it was. It was Michael's security guard. I opened the door and said

"Hey. What are you doing here? It's like 10:00pm"

"Umm. Michael has been hurt really bad and he is at home unconscious." The guard said

"WHAT HAPPENED WHERE IS HE? It better not be Amber! I swear." I said angrily

"Just come with me and we will see if he's ok." He said

"Ok thanks your the best Joe?" I said

"Nope it's John but close enough lets go." He said

I got into the black suv and John drove to Michael's house. We arrived and it was very dark. I didn't see anyone in sight. What if he's dead?? I ran up to the door and turned the knob. Thankfully it was unlocked. I went in and it was pitch black in the living room..

"Michael?, Michael? Michae-

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!" everyone said

Michael planned a surprise party just for me! I just remembered that it's my birthday. I've been so busy I didn't even realize it. This is the nicest thing ever! I see Whitney Houston, Pharrel Williams, Eddie Murphy and tons more.

"Thank you all!!" I said

"Your welcome" Michael said as he appeared out of the crowd.

"Wow..you planned all this? For me?" I said

"Yup 'all for you' Maya. I called you today and left a voice mail but you must've not opened it." He said

"Oh Michael...thank you so much this is the best thing someone's ever done for me! You scared the crap out of me.!" I said as I hugged him

"You deserve it. Sorry about what you happened with Amber and you. I really am, I just let her take over." He said

"It's ok. I'm sorry too. Your old enough to make your own decisions and if you want to be with her than no one is stopping you. Follow your heart." I said