Rest In Peace... Not Yet

Start from the beginning

"What makes you think their dreams?" Damien asks.

"He's got a point, a sad, depressing point, but a point none the less", I chime in, glaring lightly at Damien.

The truth was a ugly one, I acknowledged it silently so did Xavier, but Damien felt the need to point it out every five minutes. I guess that would just be the guilt talking... I've always wondered why there are always so many people at funerals even when they didn't see the person that often in their lifetime, but after watching Damien I realize it because guilt is stronger than love.

Rose's P.O.V.

"Field of flowers?"

I ask myself as I glance around, it feels nice

"Hello my dear", Selene said the Titan Goddess of the moon, I knew she was there but I didn't bother turning around to greet her, I just continued to stare out at the field of flowers. Hmmm I wonder what the consequences of ignoring a Goddess?

"Hello", I mumbled thinking better of it.

"You did it, order is restored" she congratulated me.

"But at what cost?" I asked finally turning around showing her my tear stained cheeks. She looked so impassive, like she didn't care about all the pain she had caused me. As if this was her plan all along, she didn't need me! She needed my mates and they needed something to fight for, all I was to her was a reason to destroy the vampires!

And I finally snapped.

"They took my child! I was tortured and beaten for days! But oh yeah order is restored". I yelled at her. She looked as if she wanted to say something but I promptly cut her off, "just leave me alone" I whispered before more sobs over took my body.

She said nothing when she left, but I knew she was gone because the scene changed. My beautiful Felix of flowers that I had grown so much to love were gone just like that.

I was back in our bedroom, it was weird. I was looking at my body laying on the bed, I hadn't seen myself in such a long time. I don't think my body has healed much since I've been back or maybe I was worse wouldn't that be the kicker?

Damn, I look like death.

"Is she still sleeping"Damien asks. I whip my head around and all three of them were standing around the bed where I was laying.

"Yeah all she does is sleep"Lucian responds, he looks so sad though. They all do, stupid mate bond.

"Why won't she wake up?"Xavier asks desperation filling his voice.

"I want to!" I shout. 

But it's as if they can't hear me, like some invisible force keeping me away from them.

I don't want to be alone anymore...

I close my eyes, and will the darkness and barrier between us to go away, and I force my eyes open, and I'm instantly greeted by a familiar looking celling. I was no longer looking at my body but rather I was back in my body...

I slowly blink open my eyes, I hear a gasp off to my side. Then I'm being swarmed by my mates, and for the first time in a while I feel better.

Like I'm a little less empty. This isn't the first time I've been awake, but this feels like the first time I'm actually here.

"Rose?" Lucian hesitantly asks.

"Yeah?" I answer.

I hear a pounding for a brief moment before Lucian is shoved out of the way.

Apparently the pounding was Damien's feeling running across the room with all his possible force. And not a second later Damien is apologizing and slightly begging...

"Rose, I'm so so so sorry, from the depths of my soul, you are not weak! You are the strongest person I've ever met and I'm so sorry", Damien said, while gripping onto my hand.

"Damien, it's okay. I know you only wanted to protect me, and it's absolutely adorable that you think I can't protect myself", I said in a mocking tone.

"By your joking tone I take I'm forgiven?" He questions.

I pretend to debate for a moment before I smile and nod my head yes. I'm instantly trapped within Damien's arms.

"Uh Damien?" I gasp out.

"Mmm?"

"I get that you missed me but, I Uh, can't breathe", I rush out.

"Oh shit sorry!" He says before hurriedly releasing me.

"Doll?" Xavier says, and I'm honestly unsure of how I haven't seen him before now.

"Mmm?"

"Can we please talk?" Xavier curiously asks.

I debate for a moment knowing that the topic of discussion won't be pretty. Ultimately I say yes because maybe I'll feel better once I tell them what happened.

"How did you escape?" Damien blurts out.

A Swift punch in the gut from Lucian leaves him doubling over," what? I was curious!" Damien says while heaving.

I look over at them curiously, didn't they see Bo? I think to myself.

"Didn't you send someone to get me out?" I ask, a slight tension bubbling in my stomach.

They all look at each other then back at me, with looks I can only describe as if I've grown a second head.

"No" Xavier deadpans.

"Great I listened to a total stranger", I blurt out.

A look of dread crosses their faces no doubt mirroring my own.

"Did you see Bo?" I whisper all wide eyed.

They all shake their head no in unison. I think back to my interactions with him, I knew they were odd but never that odd.

"Well no matter how, all that matters is that we have you back", Lucian says.

"Yeah and we're here together and nothing will tear us apart again" Damien vows.

"You know I lost the baby right?" I ask a slight sob escaping at my question, deciding to just bite the big one and get it over with.

They lower their heads, before Lucian mumbles a quiet 'yes'. Tears spring to life in my eyes, I begin to sob uncontrollably. I've she or he was gone it just feels that much more real to have someone other than myself confirm it.

I'm soon wrapped in a ball of warmth, a few silent sniffles are heard from around me. We continue to hold each other for a moment, lost in the grief of losing a child.

"It's going to be okay", Damien assures.

After a moment of silence when I've finally stopped crying. Xavier decides to break the air of silence.

"Now we can always try for another," He adds in.

I nod my head, before adding,"yes but not for a while, I want to work on us and our kingdom,"

"Sounds fair, I mean after all we have all the time in the world," Damien responds.