S E V E N T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

Tugging his bottom lip between his teeth, Leo sighed, "Okay."

***

Marco's room was different to how Leo had imagined it. The room was larger than he'd expected given the view from the outside. A large king size bed was located in the centre, the duvet covered in black silk sheets. Each wall was painted matte black, similar to Leo's own room. Though the main difference to Leo was that, Marcos walls were covered in posters of bands, whilst Leo's was covered in his art work.

"Nice room." Leo complimented. Turning his azure gaze to the posters, "You like the 1975?"

Marco smiled, "What kind of question is that?" He laughed lightly, "Everyone should like the 1975."

Leo nodded, "Agreed."

Marco took a seat on his bed, leaning his back against the large velvet headboard, whilst Leo stood awkwardly in the doorway. He wasn't so sure if it was a good idea to be alone with Marco right now, not after the kiss.

"Come sit Little Lombardi, I won't bite." He smirked, gazing at Leo with his mischievous green eyes. "Unless you want me too."

Leo gulped nervously, his hands clenching into fists as he made his way towards Marco. Leo sat beside Marco, leaving a fair amount of room between. He watched intently as the older boy had began rolling a joint. Leo had never rolled one before, anytime he smoked, Marco had always pre-rolled them before they'd meet in the park.

Marco placed the unlit joint between his lips. Using his phone, he connected to the speaker on the far left of his bedroom. Soon enough, Give Yourself a Try by The 1975, filled the silence.

"I love this song," Marco commented. Grabbing a lighter from the black side table, he lit the tip of the drug stick, inhaling largely.

Leo hummed, nodding his head to the music. "Me too."

"Are you okay? Y'know, after everything that happened today?" Marco asked softly.

Leo sighed, "I'm not sure." He shook his head, "They never defend me Marc. No matter what's being said, whether the facts are true of false... they never stick up for me." Leo whispered, "Why can't they defend me, the way the defend each other?"

Marco frowned, turning to Leo with a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry Leo." He told him honestly. "If I were there, I'd have defended you. I'll always defend you, you're my friend."

Leo smiled softly at Marco, not offering a response. Though his blue eyes showed the older boy just how much he appreciated his words.

***
TRIGGER WARNING.

Mature scenes, drugs, manipulation, pressured sexual assault.

The boys continued smoking and listening to music for the next hour. Leo could feel his mind becoming hazed, the effects of the drug overtaking him. Marco turned to Leo, green eyes meeting blue. He began shuffling his body towards the boy, whom was nearly four years his junior.

Marco was a mere few centimetres from Leo's face, the younger boy too high to notice the change in tension. Marco was much more tolerant to the drug they'd consumed, than Leo was. He'd been smoking it for years now, unlike Leo.