Suddenly, She Became a Stranger

Start from the beginning

Next Day

RING-RING

Charlotte quickly picked up her office phone to answer it, since Megan apparently wasn't in.

The call

C: Charlotte speaking.

M: Char...lo...tte. It'sssss....me....Megan...

C: Oh my god. I thought it was a pervert for a second. You know you are late today?

M: It's cause.....I'm....sick.

C: Really? You are doing the fake sick card?

M: No, ma'am. I'm really sic---

C: Sure, you are, so unless---

Charlotte had just heard sounds of vomiting that sounded like the devil had performed an exorcist. 

M: Are you still there, ma'am?

C: I sort of wish I wasn't. Have you been to the Doctor?

M: Yes, the doctor did say I have a 65% chance of having Hep B. But, it's nothing to worry about. I'm going to be back at those offf..iiceee next we......

C: MEGAN!

M: WHA?

C:You were saying something, before you fell asleep or something.

M: Oh! Like I was saying that this type of Hepatitis will clear up quickly. I'll be back on those phones as soon as Monday.

C: That's not how it works, Megan. How come you didn't get the vaccine?

M: Do you want me to have a shot that could change my DNA, infertility, and a tracking device? No way.

C: You are obligated by law to obtain one, especially if you are working in a office.

M: Look, I'm going to live my life, and you're going to live yours the way you want."

C: You know what? You deserve more than a week off.

M: really?

C: Yep, You are fired!

M:What?!

C: Did I stutter? You are F-I-R-E-D!

End call

Charlotte angrily hung up the phone angrily and was about to hurl it across the room until she noticed someone walking in.

WOAH! Putting his hands up to avoid the phone, The young man from the day before said.

Who are you? Charlotte inquired.

Uh, we met yesterday. You had to end the interview early due to an emergency. The man replied.

Sorry about that. Charlotte reflected on what she had said the day before. "It's just been a busy day here, and I'm just overwhelmed."

Is there anything that I can do to help? Liam suggested.

Yes, Charlotte lifted her head, getting an idea in her head. "I just found out that my old secretary is a dumbass and is out sick."

I assume that you're looking for a replacement? Liam guessed correctly.

Yes, but just for a short time, and I'm considering offering you a raise. Charlotte spoke fast.

Yes, I'll take it. Liam exclaimed, his face lit up with anticipation.

This is great! Charlotte smiled. "Can you start now?"

Yes I can. Liam stated as he sat in Megan's now-old chair. "Now, tell me exactly what your previous assistant did."

Anything except her job, of course. Charlotte cracked a wry smile.