3 Years, 8 Months, 6 Days

3 years later...

Christian! Will you just stay still?! Charlotte groaned as she was chasing her 3 year old around, trying to put on his tie for a little suit he was wearing. 

NO! I don't like it! Christian screamed, before continue running. "And you can't make me!"

Jesus Fucking Christ. Charlotte groaned. "Whoever said children were a blessing clearly hasn't met you!"

Henry and Charlotte had been married for over a year, and she has completely if not, entirely gotten over Grant. The she heard about him was from her mother, where she found out that after Grant's 18th birthday he was transferred to the maximum security, yet dangerous prison in the state of Arizona. 

Before Henry and Charlotte married, with all their friends leaving town to go to colleges in other states, they decided to up and move to New York, where Charlotte got accepted to Columbia on a full ride scholarship due to her stellar GPA and grades.

As a graduation gift, Henry's parents  decided to give Henry and Charlotte the family's New York condo, which was quite huge. The couple tried to not accept the gift, but after realizing the cost of living with a child in New York, with two teen parents who only have high school diplomas, they reluctantly accepted the gift. 

It became a routine that every day, Charlotte went to class, while Henry stayed back and watched Christian. Once her classes end, Charlotte would arrive home late at night, while Henry began to do his shift at a high end hotel bar, where he rakes it in on tips. However, one night he met a man who helped him get into business of selling luxury cars, such Mclaren, Lambos, Porchses and Benzs. which helped bring the entire family into a new tax bracket. 

Henry's paycheck was able to hire  a sitter for Christian and to take Charlotte out to eat at any restaurant on almost every weekend.

Charlotte felt weird, knowing that the only income they were surviving on was Henry's and not hers, but she knew it was only temporary because she was still in school and knew that her share of money will be flowing in once she finished her degree and started her business.

How's it feel to be mom of a 3 year old? Chloe asked.

Difficult, Ms. Hollywood. With a smile, Charlotte responded.

These  3 years have been treating Chole nice as she been juggling being a scuessful party planner, and also jump starting her acting career again as she has signed a multi million dollar contract with Paramount studios.

Jasper wanted to apologize that he couldn't come. Chloe said, handing Charlotte 2 envelopes that had Christian's name on them both . "And also Piper said the same thing as well."

It's all right. Charlotte brushed it aside. "I understand that having free time is difficult for him right now because he is a restaurant manager. Piper had already sent a gift which was a swish knife, which I don't know why she thought it was right to send it to a  3 year old,  "But I bet she is so caught up in her Costa Rica trip."

As Charlotte turned her head to face Chloe, she noticed a shiny object shinning on Chole's left ring finger. 

Is that what I think it is, Chloe? Charlotte gestured with her finger to the object.

Oh, this thing. Chloe grinned as she drew her hand back and waved her right hand in the air. "That's correct!"

The two women screamed with delight at the  news.

When, Where, how? Charlotte began to questioned.

After the party, I'll tell you the whole story. Chloe reassured Charlotte.

We struck gold, didn't we? While pouring two glasses of champagne, Charlotte inquired. " I mean, look at us."

Yes, we did. But I got real lucky when you moved in with me three years ago, Charlotte. She stated this while wrapping her arm around the shoulder of a friend.

They had been through a lot, but through it all they never lost each other. That's a true friendship right there, and soon to be sister-in laws.

Who's ready to cut cake? Henry asked, breaking the silence in the room.

DADDY! As his father stepped out of the elevator, Christian yelled and ran towards him.

I'm in the mood for a piece of cake. Charlotte and Chloe both stated it at the same moment.

A ride from Aunt Chloe, please? Christian begged with his little 3 year old eyes. 

You got it, kid! Chloe replied, carrying Christian and flying him around like an airplane to the terrace.  

DADDDY!!! Christian screamed out in laughter and excitement

I'm right behind you, buddy. Henry answer, following Chloe outside with the cake in hand. 

Charlotte stood there, observing as this experience will be remembered for the rest of her life.

If you'd told her three years ago that this was going to be her life, she'd have laughed at you. She had no idea what she had done to be so fortunate.

Mommy, Come on!Christian called out for her. 

Yes, I'm coming!! Charlotte called back, smiling as she began carrying a tray full of fruit punch out to the terrace where all the other kids were circled around Christian, waiting for him to blow out his candles.

She couldn't ask for a moment more perfect than this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter and ending to this story, but I have some news in the other update.