HUNTING FOR MR. RIGHT

Cela lands in Los Angeles, California, USA. She looks confident and composed. Ligaya is following her out of the airport as they catch a taxi. They pass the HOLLYWOOD sign on the freeway on their journey and there is an air of excitement about them.

Cela's phone rings, it's Ricardo. "Hey, Ricardo." Pause. "Yeah, we just got in. We have interviews lined up tomorrow. How's Girly and Melody doing finding us 25 contestants?" There is a pause. "I'll keep you informed. Good luck!" She hangs up on Ricardo.

The next morning a man in a UPS driver's uniform is sitting at the conference table with Cela and Ligaya. Ligaya is there to take notes.

"So, what do you like in a woman," asks Cela.

The UPS driver ponders that for a moment. "A big bootie."

There is a quick scene change to another possible bachelor. This guy is a bit older with slightly graying hair.

"Do you want to get married someday?" asks Cela.

"I don't know if I can afford another alimony payment. I'm already supporting three ex-wives."

Another quick scene change occurs. Now there is a heavily bearded guy in the room.

"What do you know about the Philippines?" asks Cela.

The guy looks dumbfounded. "I think they have a lot of Chinese there."

Another quick scene change occurs. This guy is surfer-looking, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts.

"Have you ever acted in a movie or TV show before?" asks Cela.

"I was in a couple of pornos."

Another quick scene change occurs. This guy is a rugged-looking and very handsome guy.

"Would you be available for filming in April?" asks Cela.

"The whole month?"

"Yeah, probably 40 days extending into May," replied Cela.

"I don't think my wife is going to like that."

Another quick scene change occurs. A nice-looking guy, who is slight of build is in the room.

"Would you be interested in being in a Bachelor TV show?" asks Cela.

The man talks in a very gay voice. "Oh my gosh! I'd love to date one of the bachelors!"

Another quick scene change occurs. The UPS driver is back.

"Are you attracted to Asian women?" asks Cela.

"I guess they're alright."

"Good... Good... Could you ever see yourself marrying someone from the Philippines?"

"Are you proposing?"

"No. And for the record, neither is Ligaya, here," responded Cela, nodding towards Ligaya.

"Well, maybe if they looked like you with a bigger bootie I would consider it."

Another quick scene change occurs. The older gentleman with the graying hair is back.

"What's your occupation?" asks Cela.

"I'm an accountant."

"Can you free yourself up for 40 days starting in April?" asks Cela.

"Sorry, that's the end of tax filing season."

Another quick scene change occurs. The bearded guy is back.

"Can you tell me what you like to do on a date," inquires Cela.

"I pretty much just use tinder. I don't know if that's really datin' or not."

"Tinder?"

"Yeah, swipe right and hook up."

Ligaya and Cela are in a taxi after a long day of interviewing potential Bachelor Dates. They are passing a flower shop. "Pull over! Pull over!" Cela implores the taxi driver.

Ligaya looks at her questioningly as the taxi comes to a stop in front of the flower shop. Cela looks at her. "I just want to thank the person at our sister affiliate for setting up those interviews. I'll be right back. Cela hops out of the car and enters the flower shop.

Cela walks to the counter. "Hello?" No one is evident behind the counter. A 35ish-year-old man, attractive, and well-dressed comes to assist her.

"Hi! I'm James. Can I help you?"

"I want to send some flowers."

"Roses?"

"No..." Cela looks around the shop. Hesitating a bit before answering.

James places a magician's hat on the counter in front of Cela. "Place your hand in there Ms..."

"Cela. Cela Garcia."

James motions for Cela to place her hand in the hat and she does so. James moves his hand from a balled fist to fingers spread wide aimed at the hat. Cela pulls her hand out along with a bunch of tulips. She looks amazed.

"Tulips it is!" said Cela. "How did you do that?"

"I didn't. You did," replied James. "Do you want these to be sent or do you want them to go?"

"Can you send them to Stephanie at this address?" Cela hands James a card.

James looks at it. "Stephanie Jones? She's a good client of mine."

Cela is surprised. "Really? Small world."

James is wrapping the flowers in some tissue paper. "I'll have it delivered first thing tomorrow morning."

"Can I get your card?"

"Sure." James hands her a card and it deteriorates into a thousand pieces as soon as Cela takes it from him. She looks amazed.

"Can I have another? Please."

"Pay first."

Cela digs into her purse to retrieve her wallet. She pulls out two twenty-dollar bills and hands them to James. Then she looks at her wallet where a card is held in front of a slot where her driver's license goes. There sits a card from the Magic Flowers flower shop.

"How did you..." Cela looks completely confused and impressed as she smiles at James.

"It's magic."

"You own this shop?"

"This and a few others."

"So, you are the flower baron of Southern California?"

"Maybe Pasadena. We're not that big yet."

"Are you married, James?

"Haven't found the time yet. Nor the right woman. Not that I'm opposed to it."

"Interesting. Good day, Mr. James. I hope to see you again soon." Cela turns to leave.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" asks James.

Cela looks at her purse, her watch, she's still holding her wallet. Then she looks at James. James is holding a red string. "What's that?" asks Cela.

James moves his hand around the red string as a magician might do and sparkly flakes explode into the air and a red G-string is all that James holds in his hand.

Cela stares at it for a moment. Then with a panicked look on her face, she reaches down to her slacks and feels around a bit on her waist and back. She gives James a pouty look and grabs the G-String from James and marches out while James grins at the trick he has executed.

Cela enters the back seat of the taxi holding the G-string and announces to Ligaya. "I think we've found our bachelor!"