Chapter 34 || Yelena

Start from the beginning

Blue body armor, a hood. They look tough, who the hell is this person?

"Natasha, we gotta go. Nat!" I whisper-yell at her.

She groans and opens her eyes fully, looking over and spotting the person. Her eyes widen as she starts to unbuckle. I help her crawl to the back and I soon-after do the same, staring at the person in blue.

"I'm pretty sure Ross has no jurisdiction here!" Nat shouts before she settles in front of the trunk's window.

"And you should know I'm a better shot when I'm pissed off."

I watch as my angry, yet hot, girlfriend shoots but it gets blocked by a shield. My eyebrows raise at the reflexes of this person and I shake my head, "What the hell?"

They start to come towards us so I usher Natasha out of the car and I crawl out with ease. I shoot a web at the opposite side of the bridge while Natasha holds her pistol at the ready.

I look for them too but see nothing until my tingle goes off and I look up, seeing them coming down at Nat. She reacts fast and shoots them but gets blocked by the shield.

Grunting, I go to web them up but they turn to me and shoot webs back at me, throwing me to the side.

Natasha stares at me in shock and I roll on the pavement, groaning as I look up in utter confusion. I spot the web shooters on either of their wrists and sigh, "Great."

They walk towards the car but Nat steps in and grabs them, jumping up and grabbing their head with her thighs, swinging them down but they do the same move back to her, throwing her onto the ground with a thud.

Nat turns over and stares at their mask, seeing a red computerized haze bouncing back and forth over the goggles, almost like its scanning something.

Who the hell is this freak?

Their head turns and they focus on something on the ground behind the trunk.

It's that black case from the box.

"You're not here for us," I breathe out and shoot a web at their back, yanking them backwards and getting a hit on them.

They flip backwards and shoot a web at my head, yanking it down so that I smack it into the pavement. I cry out at the feeling, holding my head weakly as the pain shoots through me.

Natasha acts quickly, pulling out the knife I engraved and swiping at the masked villain. They dodge her attempts and hit her side, then kick the back of her knee, getting her down on the ground.

They kneel on her arm, locking it in place and grabbing the back of her head, pulling her up slowly while she tries to resist.

I force myself to snap out of it and look back, watching as they force their hand into her stomach, launching her 20 feet backwards but I shoot a web at her, grab her, and pull her into my arms.