𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Start from the beginning

"I'll take that as a no then," Matt replied, warily calm for someone in his position one would assume but he held no fear, if anything he was amused by his friend and didn't hesitate to knock the gun barrelling to the floor. "Don't pretend you wouldn't have done the same thing if it had been you following her. Gimme a break for fucks sake, you're all for sharing if it's under your terms right? That's not how this works and I ain't playing it that way. We, my friend, are equal when it comes to this."

Mello hated how correct he was, for someone always used to playing second in command he forget just how reckless Matt could be and sometimes exceeded him, that was the balance to their whole dynamic. "You're an asshole." He rolled his eyes, tucking the pistol back into his jacket.

Sinking back on the double bed a small smirk crawled its way across his face, the eye's shutting as he took the lace from his pocket and dangled it between two fingers. "Aww, you hurt my feelings, and even after I brought you a gift." Matt mocked. "I was ready to go round two but fuckin' hell the feeling of seeing her limp outta that backseat."

"Perverted fuck." Mello scoffed, snatching the underwear and shoving it into his pocket. He knew he didn't have the honor to insult his friend considering his earlier actions. "I wouldn't lay your head on that, we need to change the sheets."

Waving him off Matt sank deeper into the comforter with a blissful sigh, grinning wickedly before turning away. "Nah, I'm good. I Wanna sleep smelling like my two favorite people. Feel free to join me here if you want to"

"Finish that sentence and your the dog's breakfast tomorrow."

▪︎▪︎▪︎
Y/N wondered if there was an inherent moral problem with melting at the sight of the man in front of her considering her hatred for him, not to mention the shameless fact she had been sleeping with another minutes before.

Despite how much she resisted giving his ego another boost there was no doubt on this earth that L Lawliet was bewitching, particularly in the present he looked as if Aphrodite had hand-crafted himself herself as a gift to humanity.

Naturally, Y/N looked past him, the sunken look in his eyes, the wild raven hair, and the sluggish posture, and the sleepy nature completed with a casual wardrobe that did nothing in aspects of style. All of that had been retained in his current look so why couldn't she stop staring like a fool? His hair had been slicked back, a few strands falling onto his forehead with the rest tied back into a small ponytail, purposely done or not his ivory suit perfectly matched and accompanied her dress with only the tie loosely hanging around his neck.

"Hold still," Y/N demanded before she had even exited the convertible, sitting back into the seat next to him and yanking him forward by the collar. "If you walk in there with it like that then we'll be kicked before we enter the door, reservation or not...The great L can't manage a knot? The color doesn't match you very well."

"Yet you still had trouble looking away." He retorted, eyes filling with playful arrogance. He would never deny just how much delight it gave him, grey as it may have been he would've rather be at a loss than bored with a case. "You forget I can tell when people are lying."

Pausing for a moment Y/N debated her response, mouth falling open for a second before she diverted her eyes back to the tie, a hint of surprise in her eyes. In her defense, it was easier to take digs at one another when they were at a distance and she reasoned that had been the only excuse for her lack of words.

"If you don't mind your manners you'll attract attention. Everyone has their eye on you, staff, customers." She continued to list, folding it through before tucking the material into his jacket. "One wrong move or incorrect action and they'll know you're an outsider so cover up the real you like he never existed. I'll guide you through it so for once in your life, don't follow your lead."