As I walk downstairs I hear Seth say, "What happened?" And Emmett burst out laughing, the others giggling or chuckling in the background.

"Are you laughing at me?" I say and place my hands on my hips as I glare at each my siblings. Emmett's laughter doesn't die down so I roll my eyes and grab Seth's hand, pulling him towards the direction of the door.

"What happened? Why's he laughing?"

"Oh nothing. I just yelled at half the kids in my grade. No biggie."

Seth stops, making me stumble before turning to look at him. His eyes are wide and he's debating whether to laugh or not. "May I ask why?"

"Sure, but I'm only telling the story once more, so I might as well wait till we get to Emily's knowing you'll blabber before we step foot into the door."

Seth grins a bit and kisses my head, "Go say bye. I'll be in the truck." I nod and to go hug my parents. "Bye, I love you."

"Don't you want to tell us about school?" Dad says after I give him a hug. I shrug walking backwards towards the door so I'm still facing my parents and siblings while saying, "Yelled at some kids, ate an apple, got to watch it rain. Pretty much it. I'll see you later!"

I run out the door as Esme shouts, "Be home before 11!" I tell her I will and jump into the car with Seth.

As we ride down the road Seth breaks our comfortable silence by asking the one question I wished he would avoid. "It was fine Seth," I reply back, holding in an exasperated sigh.

"Come on Gracie. I know you better than that. What happened? You can tell me." I peak over at him and he is worriedly glancing over at me.

"Nothing's wrong Seth. I mean, yeah I don't want to be that huge crowd of people, but that's trifle. It's nothing important." Lies, my mind screams to me, but thanks to Edward not being around I don't have to worry about hiding my thoughts.

"Is that it? I feel like it has something to do with why you yelled at those kids. Come on, Grace Grace. You don't have to keep it to yourself. You can tell me, I won't say anything to anyone."

I keep staring out the window as I whisper, "You might not on purpose," forgetting he would be able to hear me.

"I won't think a single thing around Edward, I swear. Come on. Don't push me out. We're best friends. Partners in crime. Ride or dies. Bff's. You're the peanut to my butter. The grape to my jam. The rock to my roll. The ketchup to my eggs."

I giggle slightly, "That's gross Seth. Eggs and ketchup is a no." Seth grins at me before grabbing my arm and pulling me to his side and wrapping his arm around me as he drives with one hand.

"You're my little sister. I love you and I want to help you. What's wrong?" I sigh and lean into him. "If I tell you, then I'll feel guilty and have to tell everyone, then I'll be doing what I've wanted to avoid the entire time."

"Maybe you can just tell everyone your problems so you don't have to lie. Get everything off your chest, ya know?"

I scoot away from him and scowl, "That's the reason you wanted me to tell you. So I'd feel bad and tell everyone else." Of course. It makes so much sense. He doesn't want to lie either, so he knows I'll tell everyone.

"No, Grace. That's not what I meant..."

"Yes it is! You hate lying to people and you knew if I told one person I'd have to tell everyone. I can't believe you'd try to trick me like that, Seth." I scoot as close as I can to the window and turn my back to him, signaling that I don't want to talk to him.

The Adopted Cullenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें