"Your turn." I speak through my stuffed nose.

Harlow observes each card in her hand, then lays down two of them. "Two aces of hearts."

"Bullshit." I flip over the cards, and I was right. She put down two eights of spades. I sigh, throwing my cards on my bed sheets. "I'm bored of this game."

"Me too. BS between two people is not that fun." She drops her head to my pillow just like I did a moment ago.

"So how's your Prince Charming doing up there without you?" I turn my head to look at her.

"Probably doing his Nancy Drew stuff with yours." She smiles.

Harry? My Prince Charming? Mhm yeah sure.

"Are you happy with him?" I genuinely ask.

"Of course I am. He's everything I've ever wanted. He's patient, loving, funny, thoughtful. I think I might be in love with him."

My eyes widen. "In love?"

The way she talks about Niall doesn't make me mad or sad anymore. It makes me envious. The way she speaks about him is like the way people do in books and movies. Her thoughts and feelings towards Niall make me think that all that could be possible for me too. But who would love someone like me? There's so much god damn baggage. Everyone in Cardiff knows what happened to me. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't see their stares when I used to walk out of my house to get something as simple as groceries.

"Yes in love. Is that crazy? Do you think he feels the same?" She looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"No it's not crazy Har. And I definitely think he feels the same." My tongue feels even more dry than it did before.

"How can you tell?" She moves closer to me.

Before I get to answer, Niall's figure appears in the doorframe. "How can you tell what?"

Both of their faces immediately light up as soon as they see each other. I guess being sick is making me a hopeless romantic. 

"Nothing. C'mon. Let's go upstairs." Harlow rushes to get up from bed. As soon as she reaches Niall, she throws her arm around her waist and he dangles his arm off her shoulder.

"Do you need anything before we leave Noelle?" Niall asks before exiting. I'm surprised he actually cares.

"No, I'm okay thank you."

And with that, they both leave, shut the door, and no one else enters for another two hours. I start going back to my own private research. Just because I'm a little sick doesn't mean I have to give up on my search for information on my mom. So far, after doing a little investigating for a few days, I have nothing new to share. There is absolutely nothing on my mom or Lethal on the Internet. Whatever Harry's saying about them being infamous, it's all super underground. Like only a handful of the right people know about them. I've searched everywhere. I even found a login for the dark web to look there, but there's absolutely nothing about Lethal. But I've written down a few theories on a piece of toilet paper. Well, they're more like questions because I'm too short on data to make theories. I wrote them on toilet paper because I didn't feel like sneaking into Harry's office and stealing some paper.

I sigh, throwing my head back as I had previously done with Harlow. I turn my head to the side, eyeing the pathetic piece of toilet paper on my side table. I reach for it with the ounce of strength I have left after the day I'm having.

-how many people are in lethal?

-what time did I come home the night mom died?