The Beginning Of The End

Start from the beginning

Izuku winced, remembering how the various gashes on his body were sealed. He felt one on his leg that was still warm to the touch from the cauterizing, which they didn't want to waste any anesthesia on.

(Fun Fact: 'Cauterizing' is when you burn a wound closed. When done properly it removes dead and infected tissue along with sealing the wound, so it is a sensible decision in this situation since he isn't exactly in the cleanest environment.)

Before he could respond, Shigaraki unchained Yuriko.
___

Every day went on like that, torture, torture, and more torture. No matter how many times, Deku always fought against the chains that kept him from comforting Yuriko. Shigaraki seemed content, at least for now, to watch their sanity slowly deteriorate.

Izuku had only nightmares when he got the chance to sleep, so he barely ever slept. He worked hard to resist falling apart.

There was good news though, while Izuku was being painfully treated for his injuries, he overheard some of the doctors talking. Most of it didn't make much sense to him, but he caught some important details.

He heard one of the doctors explaining to one of the nurses the way to get to the exit. Though he couldn't hear everything, he heard him telling her about a backdoor so that she wouldn't have to leave through the 'bar'. Whatever the 'bar' was code for, he did not intend to go that way, as it seemed to be the main base. The doctor said to take a left down the hall, and once you reached the big double doors, take a right until you find the stairs leading to the exit. It helped that he had to say it twice since the nurse didn't catch it the first time.

Now he needed to figure out how to get out of the room he was in, and to the hall, the doctor was talking about. Then, he would free Yuriko, Keisuke, and himself!
_______

Keisuke watched Deku as he mumbled with a very focused expression. Though the mumbling was very annoying, he didn't say anything about it. From the words that he caught, he seemed to be coming up with an escape plan. Foolish, it would fail, then they would all take the punishment.

He was mostly concerned about Yuriko, he felt awful that she had to be here. She is probably just another tactic to break the hero, just like he is, and Oda was. Keisuke expected the death of that poor boy, but that didn't make it any easier to swallow.

The hero had changed a lot since they first arrived here. The most notable changes were, of course, the physical changes; he was considerably thinner (they were only fed whenever Shigaraki remembered to), covered in new scars, and wounds that hadn't yet healed. He looked tired and stressed, which made sense. But if he paid close enough attention, he could see that his mind was crumbling.

Keisuke didn't hate the hero, not anymore. Most adults would have fallen apart already, but this teenager was keeping himself together. This won't last long, though, he will break eventually. There are too many things working against him.

"I've got it!" Midoriya exclaimed in a hushed tone, he never talked above a whisper. Anytime he said anything around Shigaraki without permission, he was given a shock or whip. He rarely spoke, but it seems his mumbles weren't within his control.

"Have you figured something out, hero?" Keisuke asked, genuinely curious.

"Maybe... I-I still need a way out of this room." Midoriya explained almost too quiet to hear.

"A way out?" Yuriko asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I overheard some- some of the doctors talking, and I think I-I- found a way out of here." He said excitedly.

"I don't think that's a good idea. What if we're caught?" Keisuke reasoned, trying not to glance at Yuriko and reveal that he wasn't completely heartless.

"We-we'll just have to be careful. If there is any hope of escaping, we should take it." Midoriya said desperately.

Keisuke sighed, "Explain your plan then."

Midoriya relayed what he knew. They had to find a way out of the room, then make it to the hospital wing and use the directions the doctor gave. The only other thing they needed to figure out was how to get the collars off.
_______

Izuku lay there in the blackness, Yuriko and Keisuke were asleep. Izuku turned over and looked at Yuriko. The two had become quite attached, he was extremely protective over her. After every torture, he would hold her until the pain went away. He had to get her out of here as soon as possible.

A clump of hair fell into his face. Just before he reached to brush it away, he noticed something. There was a small section of the green that was a different color. He grasped the section and pulled it closer so he could see it. Though it was dark in the room, he had grown accustomed to it.

Izuku's hair was white. It was only that one part, from what he could see, but it was still slightly surprising. He wondered how long it had been like that.
_______

Shigaraki entered the room much earlier than the usual time, and he was wearing a particularly sly smile. Without any explanation, he unchained Yuriko and grabbed her by the hair. She shrieked and was rewarded with a kick.

"Hey! Wh-where are you going? Bring her back!" Deku shouted; his voice cracked. This was the loudest he had spoken in a while.

Shigaraki sent him an electric shock and shoved Yuriko out the door.

Deku recovered quickly and lunged off the wall against his chains, "NO! BRING HER BACK!"

His breathing quickened and he pulled against the chains. Keisuke regarded him with a seemingly empathetic expression.

"Stop flailing, you'll only make it worse," Keisuke said.

"No, no, I need to get her back! Who knows what he's doing to her, I need to save her! She needs help and I can't get to her!" Deku explained desperately, talking almost too fast for Keisuke to understand.

Keisuke was silent, he watched as he cried and thrashed around. Yuriko hadn't left this room since she got here.

Neither of them knew what was happening to Yuriko, or when she would get back. Keisuke hoped it was soon.

(1656 words)

Published: August 24 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every once in a while I'll go back to chapters and edit some bits so hopefully one day this fanfiction will reach its FINAL FORM >:3