The Beginning Of The End

Yuriko was worried, the scary man took Oda and Deku away and they have been gone all night. Keisuke was able to get her to sleep a few hours. If not for him, she wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. When they still didn't return, she started to panic. Somehow, she calmed herself, though something was off, it was as if something coaxed her mind into soothing itself. Either way, she was grateful for it.

Just then, the door creaked open and something was kicked into the room by Shigaraki. With a shock, she realized that it was a person.

Shigaraki chained the person up and, now that she got a better view of the lump of rags and bandages, Yuriko saw that it was Deku.

"no..." She whispered, seeing the state he was in.

He was sloppily bandaged and unconscious. No amount of stitching could restore his tattered, bloody clothing. Yuriko traced the scabbed-over gash on his face with her tiny finger.

Izuku's eyes fluttered open, still slightly glazed over, "Y-Yuriko?"

"Deku!" Yuriko exclaimed and then quieted down after he flinched, "What happened? Are you ok?"

"Y-yeah, I'm alright. They- they fixed me up a-after..." Deku said

"After what? Wh-where's Oda?" She asked, looking around the room.

Tears pooled in his eyes and another voice came from the other side of the room, "Oda is dead, isn't he? You couldn't save him, little hero?"

Yuriko gasped, looking at Keisuke, "N-no, that's not true!"

Keisuke sat up, "You think I would make this up? From his injuries, it's obvious he had to fight something. Oda was caught up in it and the wanna-be hero was too weak and useless to save him."

"I-I couldn't- I tried to--" Deku spoke shakily.

"Oda-? Oda's gone?" Yuriko asked, still unable to process, "N-no, Deku promised to save us all."

"You can never believe a hero. All they do is lie and give delusions of safety." Keisuke spat.

Yuriko started crying which caused the pooled tears to finally trail down Deku's cheeks.

"N-no, I- I will- I- I promised-" Deku stuttered with a sob.

"Exactly, you promised and it fell through. You are a liar and you caused the death of a little boy with a sick mother. I bet he died because you were too busy trying to save your own sorry ass--"

"SHUT UP! I don't see you trying to help anyone, at least I tried to do s-something!" Deku shouted, jerking up too quickly and wincing.

"He-he's gone. Oda's gone." Yuriko sniffled.

For a split second, Keisuke's expression softened. The next few moments were quiet, no one knew what to say.
_______

Izuku felt terrible, he just yelled in anger in front of her. That definitely wouldn't help her feel better.

"I'm sorry for yelling, Yuriko-" Izuku began before being interrupted by the door creaking open.

"Sorry to interrupt this emotional cry-fest, but I think you know what time it is." Shigaraki greeted.

"No- no, please. Sh-she's already gone through too much!" Izuku cried, knowing full well he was pleading in vain.

Shigaraki pressed a button and gave him a shock with a twisted smile on his face, Izuku cried out.

"Careful, you don't want to open any of those wounds we worked so hard to close," Shigaraki said in a way that implied he wasn't concerned about Izuku's well-being.