Chapter 9: Way Back into Love

Start from the beginning

I feel like the Marvel character Whiplash from cleaning up very quick, grabbing all the mess and hiding them somewhere she cannot see. Panting from the adrenaline rush, I pressed my hands on the sides of my head and scan the place. I nod in approval when I see that the place is already decent enough for a girl to live in.

I got out of my apartment and my eyes turned to saucers seeing her getting my dried underwear from the clothesline. Of all the underwear I have, why does she have to see the tiger print one? Speeding to reach to her, I immediately grabbed the small cloth from her hand which startled her.

"That... You... I..." I pant as I balled the cloth in my hand and hid it behind me.

"I thought I have taken care of them," I said as I forcefully pulled the other underwear hanging behind her.

Seeing the panic look on my face, she smiled then chuckled until her chuckles turned to laughter. "Why are you hiding it? It's cute!"

I opened my mouth to say something, some excuse, but I can't think of anything.

"You don't have to be ashamed of me seeing those because from now on, I will be the one doing the laundry," she smiles a wide one and walked to the door of my apartment. Feeling my face burning from embarrassment, I followed her.

"Oh, I have a question," she turned to me before opening the door. "I have no idea that you'll grow up wild. Do you love tigers?"

"Yah!" Feeling ashamed, my face turned so red.

"Eourng!" She copied the sound of a tiger as she leveled her hands on her face with her fingers bent, doing the tiger pose. She laughs with all the teases and gets inside the apartment.

Seeing her this happy melts my heart. I want to see more of her smile. I am glad I offered my place, now I can see it everyday.

"Aigoo," she scanned my apartment and an audible sigh escaped her mouth. She looked at me in disbelief and I scratched the back of my head.

"Well I'm a man, you know," I awkwardly grin but she gave me a serious face.

"Every person knows what cleanliness is, In-yeop," she said and looked around again. "You shouldn't live like this, it's not healthy."

"I'm sorry," I whispered an apology which astonished me. Never in my life have I apologized to anyone before, no matter how grave the sin I did.

"This won't do," she said and determination was heard in her voice. She tied her hair in a high bun and rolled her cardigan's sleeves up to her elbows. "My cats can't live in a place like this."

Ah, right, her cats. I inwardly face palmed myself for forgetting that she owns three cats. It's not that I don't like animals, just like children, they do not like me. It's either dogs bark at me or cats hiss whenever they see me. Am I really that unlikable?

"Let's finish cleaning and order fried chicken for dinner. What do you say?" She once again smiled and I can't help to be submissive. So with a smile on my lips, too, I nodded and we started cleaning my apartment.

--------------------------

"Ahhhh. That hits the spot!" She exclaimed after drinking from her can of soda.

They finished cleaning earlier. Given the mess in my apartment, I thought we'll finish by midnight. As usual, Dindy is great when it comes to cleaning. I remember our times in the orphanage whenever the nuns ask us to clean, she volunteered everytime and she was always praised at how neat the rooms were.

"Those kinds of drinks are not good for you," I reminded her as I set up the chicken we ordered on the low table outside, overlooking the city lights. She is already sitting on the low table.