BUT THEN!

I heard the sacred noise....

The cue for me to close my stuff, grab my basketball, wear my shoes and run to the court...

The sound of a basketball dribbling..

Without a second to waste I ran to my window and peeked out. Devi was in the court taking 3-pointers. Why do I check? Because once I just ran to the court screaming "I WON!! ON YOUR FACE AMARA!!" and, um, let's just say the random guy in the court was very confused.

I closed myself, changed into shorts, took my basketball, wore my shoes and ran out. I glanced to the side and saw Amara on the patio of her house, wearing her shoes. I stuck out my tongue and walked into the court which was almost right opposite to her house.

"Oh c'mon!! These stupid laces are so short! I would have wonnn!" She whined from her house.

"Why do you guys even care about who comes first?" Devi asks with a chuckle.

Gemme a second. I'll give you a quick intro to my friend group which everyone calls the 'Noisy Nine'. Yeah, the name doesn't lie. We're louder than you think. We've been friends for like 5 years now.

So by age, it's Adhi aka Adhya, who's 14 and in 9th grade, plays basketball for fun.

Veda aka Vedika, who's in 9th grade, brains of the gang.

Divi aka Divya aka Divihead, who's 13 and in 8th, not-sporty so to speak but enjoys a good basketball match.

Aahana, who's 13 and in 8th, plays basketball for fun.

Devi aka Devi Priya, who's 13 and in 8th, plays basketball seriously.

Me, who's 12 and in 7th. I play basketball seriously, but not as seriously as Jeya and Devi.

Amara, who's 12 and in 7th. She plays like me, seriously but not that seriously.

Jeya aka Jeyashree, who's 12 and in 7th, plays basketball seriously.

Siri aka Shrijani, who's 12 and in 7th, plays basketball for fun.

Mrids aka Mridums aka Mridula, who's 12 but in 6th, not-sporty but doesn't mind running around and playing.

I would totally get into each person's personality, but that would take forever!!

I just realized I described everyone based on the way they play basketball...

hehe.

Back to what Devi said..

"If you come later than the other four times in a week, you pay for the winner's juice at Prince's." Amara explianed.

Prince is the owner of a small grocery store right outside the society gate. Every friday all of us go there and raid his store. Let's just say he always has to restock on chips and juice on fridays. Without fail.

"Wow," Devi laughed "Who's in the lead right now?"

I flip my ponytail dramatically and point at myself, "Me!" 

"You lost the last two weeks, shut up." Amara said.

"Hush, we don't talk about that." I replied. Amara swung her arm around my shoulder and grinned.

"I've never noticed how similar the two of you look." Devi commented.

"Urgh, don't even tell me." Amara whined. "Yesterday when I went to Ruth's house, her mum thought I was her and called me to make my bed!