TWENTY-ONE

A little boy sat inside the dark and cold room. Brick walls enclosed him from three sides, and bars closed off the exit to the room.

The putrid stench of blood and flesh inside the place was capable of making one sick if not used to it. The eerie silence present was broken down by the loud screams that resonated from nearby prison.

Startled at the sudden noise, the boy jumped. His trembling figure and pale features mirrored the horror he felt.

Even though it had been around four days since he was locked in this room and heard plenty of this screams, he could not get used to it.

Dry tears stuck to his face. After this long, Adrian had given up on crying. Those did nothing but anger them.

Adrian stared at the ground listlessly, and the spark in his eyes were all gone. His sickly thin body had wounds all over it, and the clothing worn by him was tattered— barely covering his body and exposing him to the freezing weather.

Stains of the blood covered his body, and after the beating last time, Adrian was unable to move his body off of that ground. It was too painful for him to do so.

Adrian's eyelids were trying to get heavy, and before he could close them, he heard the footsteps. That sound made him subconsciously shudder, and a faint cry escaped from his lips when he pulled on a wound.

Adrian's eyes were filled with fright as he stared at the person standing on the other side of the bar. His bottom lip quivered, and panic settled into him.

He was completely helpless in that instant.

The man in front of him was the prison guard. Sadistic joy crossed his eyes as he unlocked the cell and entered in. Brushing his tongue across his lower lip, he approached the cowering boy.

Despite of the pain which went through his body, Adrian attempted to back away from the man. But his back was already in contact with the wall, and there was not much further he could go.

Seeing how the man bent down, tears formed at the corner of Adrian's eyes, and raising his hand to cover his face, he screamed out, "No!

His throat ached from the motion. All the events that had occurred in these last days with the prison guard left him terrified. His heart beat rapidly in his chest.

The fear in Adrian's eyes satisfied the prison guard.

The man's extended hand made Adrian get offensive, and he desperately tried to fight off the prison guard. But Adrian's strength was nothing compared to the man.

Irritated by his resistance, the prison guard grabbed Adrian by his neck and raised him.

Adrian's legs trembled. The prison guard pushed him against the wall, and pain spread through his entire back at that. Choked up cries left his mouth, and his face was stained by his tears.

The tightening grip made Adrian feel suffocated, and he started to see black spots in his vision. Everything was too painful for him.

"P-Please s-stop t-this," he stuttered out in a broken and raspy voice.

"You filthy slave, who gave you the permission to talk!? The lady had woken up today. Do you know what that means? That means you are done for. She will throw you into a pit of snake. You will feel it as they crawl over your body and bite you." The man sneered.

The sound of that was nauseating to Adrian.

Raising his leg, he connected his knee with Adrian's stomach, knocking the air out of him. The pain spreading through Adrian left him senseless, and he could hardly process anything around him.

"Are you fucking dying on me? Now, that can't happen. You should at least let me have fun without your body once. It would be a pity seeing how adorable you are. I have never touched such a—"

The lecherous smirk on his face froze when he felt a cold, sharp metal being pressed against his neck. His eyes widened.