I shut the light off in the living room, not wanting to reveal the bot to whoever might be at the door. William was left by the stand next to FF.

I slowly looked through the peephole.

My mother?

She looked angry. I didn't feel like dealing with her at 6 pm.

I slid the chain lock off the door and then the one on the knob, twisting it and opening the door.

"Wha-"

"Take her! Take her away from me!" my mother pushed a crying Maggie into my chest.

"Ow- what the fuck!" I looked at her.

Maggie ran inside my apartment sobbing.

"Do you want to know what she did? After you called this morning to tell her a happy birthday, I let her friend Jazmin come over. I went upstairs to check on them, see if Jazmin wanted anything to drink or eat, and you'll never believe what I found!" my mother ranted.

I looked at her annoyed.

"They were kissing! She and her friend had been kissing! Two girls! I can't believe she had the nerve to perform such sick and wicked acts under my roof. I'm not even angry that she's only 13 kissing someone. That is not my problem. My problem is that that's not who I fucking raised." my mother spat.

I widened my eyes.

"So take her. Don't let her come back until she's done being disgusting." my mother stormed back down the hallway to the elevator without giving me a chance to speak.

I turned around and closed the door behind me, looking at Maggie's sobbing silhouette on my couch.

So much for having a place to myself.

I flicked on the lights, revealing Maggie with her knees brought up to her face, sobbing into them. It also revealed a William, standing on the stand in front of FF with his widened eyes. He had been very still, he didn't wanna make it clear he was in the room. He was trying his best to cover FF.

I sighed.

"Mag-"

"What! What are you gonna scream at me too? Are you gonna be just like her, who I thought would love me for who I am? Are you gonna smack me in my face too!" Maggie angrily interrupted me.

I understood Maggie. I knew what my mother was like, especially when you begin to grow up.

I sat down next to Maggie, who had been looking at me like I was gonna hurt her.

"No, i'm not like her. I couldn't care less to be honest." I responded to her.

Maggie opened her mouth to speak when Funtime Freddy's stand creaked since both William and him were standing on it. Maggie furrowed her eyebrows and looked at William.

William gritted his teeth and closed his eyes.

"Who is that?" Maggie asked.

I chuckled at Williams fail to hide himself. "William, he's my boss. We were also friends in middle school to highschool."

"Why is he in your house?" Maggie looked at me, definitely assuming something.

William gave in. "Um.." he stepped away from Freddy and revealed the tall bear.

Maggie squinted. "Is that Freddy? Why does he look different any why is he in your house too?"

William approached the couch. "Tell anyone about it and i'll strangle you kid, nobody can know yet."

"William stop. Sit." I pointed at the couch.

He mumbled something to himself and sat at the far end.

"Jeez, for a guy who works at a children's place you don't look too happy." Maggie looked him up and down and looked back at me.

"Just- ignore him. What I was saying before is that I don't care if you like girls. That's normal. You're my sister. I wouldn't hurt you, and I wouldn't abandon you like she did. Yeah, I moved but you were always welcome to visit. I'm sorry she ruined your birthday like that, I know it's one you definitely won't forget." I placed my hand on hers.

Her lip began quivering again, her eyes filling with tears once more. "Thank you."

I pulled her into my chest. She sobbed into my shirt, using it as a tissue.

William adjusted himself on the couch. "If it makes you feel better, I had this friend in college named Ada-"

"Don't." I looked at him and shook my head.

"Why not!" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because I wanna know first. Later." I felt Maggie pull away from me.

"Where am I gonna stay?" she wiped her eyes.

"Uhh.." I looked around and bit my lip. "With me I guess. I don't have a spare room so I guess you'll stay on the couch until mother calms down.."

William raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, I know you left so you can have a place to yourself." Maggie apologized.

"No it's fine, she'll calm down soon anyway." I motioned my hand.

Maggie nodded. "So tell me about the new Freddy."

I looked at William. He sat himself up.

"Well uh- We're just opening a new location. This is the first completed animatronic. His names Funtime Freddy, and Bonnie is on his hand this time. Renamed Bon-Bon." William explained, scratching his head.

"What's wrong with the current location?" Maggie asked.

"Nothing, we just wanted another one." William shook his head.

"Can I see how he works?" Maggie asked.

William looked at me, then hesitantly nodded. He got up from the couch and walked over to the bear. He powered it on, and this time it only took 10 seconds.

"Hey Bon-Bon! I thi-think that's the birthday boy over there-ere. We should go give him a surprise!" Funtime Freddy exclaimed while moving.

William seemed more interested in the animatronic than Maggie did.

"His voice is lowkey creepy." Maggie grimaced.

William turned back around to her, offended. "You're lowkey creepy!"

I giggled at their bickering.

For the rest of the night, William and Maggie pretended to hate each other, though I knew William liked her. It's not often William grows a liking to a kid, but behind all the petty bickering, I knew he couldn't hurt her. I knew Maggie didn't really hate him either, in fact I knew she thought he was kinda funny.

William only saw her twice before this. Once when he was 15 and she was just born, and when he was helping me move. I guess he just knows she's not "spoiled" like the others.

He sort of related to her in a way. Both their parents growing to hate them and beat them. Though Maggie's beating was just a few slaps.

I love them both so much.

Now that William is back in my life, I don't know what I could do without him. He makes my days less boring than before. I enjoy being around him.

Maggie is annoying sometimes, but I love her anyway.

I love them.