thirty one

^^ melokoii, i am literally screaming, tearing, crying, choking, suffocating

Willow's POV, a week later.

"Aaaand what's today?" I rested my hand in my palm as I spoke to William at the front desk.

William turned around to the wall behind him, checking the calendar. "Uh, Wednesday?"

"Well, obviously. But what reaaaaaaally is today?" I pushed.

"The, 16th?" William looked confused.

Seriously? He was talking about it just a few weeks ago and he already forgot.

"Yeah, I don't know." William gritted his teeth. "I've got some work to do, I'll see you later." He grabbed a stack of papers from the front desk and walked down the hall, disappearing into his office. I watched as he did so.

Maybe he's just too busy to remember.

I sighed disappointed, walking down the same hall William disappeared in. I could go inside and tell him about how he forgot, but he just has better things to do.

I knocked on the door of Henry Emily.

"Come in!" he chimed from inside.

I twisted his doorknob and peeked inside at the dirty blonde man before entering.

"Oh, Willow! It's only been an hour since I've seen you but, how are you this fine morning?" Henry asked, sitting up in his chair.

I dropped myself in one of the chairs that sat idle in front of him and crossed my arms over his desk, placing my chin on top.

"William forgot about today." I mumbled.

Henry had a sympathetic look on his face. "I'm sorry Willow, I know how forgetful he can be. Should I remind him?"

"No, it's fine. If he can't remember on his own at all, he might not have cared in the first place." I shook my head softly.

"Well, William might have not remembered but I have. I told you first thing in the morning, haven't I?" Henry poked my arm and chuckled.

I chuckled too. "Yeah. Thanks Henry."

Before I could say anything else, Henry's office door bursted open without a knock.

"Hey! You're supposed to knoc-"

Henry was interrupted by a pair of arms wrapping around my back tightly and squealing. "Happy birthday Willow!"

Great. The one person who I hoped wouldn't remember.

I slowly turned around in the chair with hopes of her arms loosening around me. "Thanks Margaret."

"Why are you in? You don't come in on Wednesdays." Henry asked.

"I had to come and tell Willow happy birthday of course! I might not be able to hang with you today, but I definitely will tomorrow." Margaret nodded eagerly.

Yay.

"Looking forward to it." I fake smiled at the girl.

She squealed once more and ran towards the door. "Have a wonderful daaaaaaay!"

The office door shut before I turned back to Henry and sighed, placing my forehead straight down on the desk.

Henry chuckled. "At least you can tease William for being younger than you for the next 2 months."

That's right. William's birthday is in June. What a little kid.

"I've got to head out of the building for a few hours, there's some things I have to take care of. You can just hang out here, or anywhere in the building for now. I'm sorry I can't stick around for the day, but I'll be here tomorrow. Once again, happy birthday Willow." Henry stood and walked over to the door.