040.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
040. ❛ time? never heard of it.

DIANA RAN THROUGH the green portal and stumbled through someplace else. Her body froze as she stood still, letting her eyes wander around. Her body ached in immense pain, her hair was a platinum mess, her face was bloody and exhausted, and overall, she looked tense.

The room she was in was still. There was no noise, no sound of war. The walls were silver, there were desks with books and whatnot scattered over them, and holographic technology was placed all over the place. Then it clicked in her head.

The Avengers Compound.

She let out a breath of relief and let her shoulders sag down in exhaustion. Her lips twitched up in a small smile as she looked around. She looked around the room and noticed no one was there, so she entered the next room.

She burst through the kitchen and saw a figure cleaning up the kitchen. Diana broke into an excited grin and ran over to the woman, crushing her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh my god, Nat! Y-You're alive! I— what happened? I was there in Wakanda, ready to beat up that fucking purple grape, and suddenly I was here." The girl smiled and held the woman at arm's length and paused, "Wait— why are you here?"

Another figure entered the room, and Diana's sparkling green eyes lit up in excitement at the sight of Steve Rogers. She let out a happy sigh, "Oh, Steve."

Natasha Romanoff pushed the girl away harshly, with tears brimming in her and Steve's eyes. Diana looked hurt by the action but nonetheless stepped back from the spy. She chuckled confusedly, her smile faltering, "Nat? Steve?"

Natasha pulled out a gun from her waistband and pointed it straight at Diana's forehead, "Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?"

Diana frowned in confusion and held up her hands in surrender, "Nat, it's me. Diana." She then looked to the blond super soldier for help, but his face was stoic and calculated, "Tell her, Steve."

Steve shook his head and walked closer to the two, "Diana disappeared five years ago. So, who the hell are you?"

Diana blinked rapidly and stumbled back, catching herself on the kitchen island, "Five years— what? I'm so confused. It's me, guys. Can you lower the gun down, Nat? I promise it me, 100%. Okay, that doesn't sound very convincing, but trust, it's me."

Natasha took off the safety of the gun and held it closer to the blonde, the cold barrel of the gun pressing against the pale skin of Diana's forehead. "No, bullshit. I've been searching for you for years, and then suddenly you walk in here looking as if you haven't aged a day? I don't think so. So I'll ask you one more time: who are you?"

Diana scoffed and looked at the two. Actually looking at them. Natasha's short blonde hair and grown out and faded back into her usual red and Steve no longer had a beard and was sporting a few white hairs.

"Steve?" Diana's eyes brimmed with tears as a headache started to form. She was so confused, and she felt her head splitting. The new information wasn't helping, and she just wanted to know what was going on.

Steve's face softened and walked over to Natasha, pressing his hand on hers to make her lower the gun, keeping his eyes locked on Diana.