025.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
025. ❛ homecoming.

OPENING THE DOOR, Diana smiled as she caught sight of her homecoming date. He was in a suit, his hair wasn't its usual curly mess but was tamed back, and he was fiddling with a plastic box that held a pale blue flower.

Peter Parker looked up at the sound of the door being opened, and his breath hitched in his throat as he let his eyes roam her body respectfully.

He saw how the periwinkle blue dress hugged her body in all the right places and how her heels were the perfect height. His eyes then caught a very specific Swarovski necklace hanging delicately around her neck.

His eyes squinted at the necklace, reminiscing the night he tried to catch her because she had stolen that exact necklace. He let it fly by until he caught her eyes, which were surrounded by warm brown tones of eyeshadow.

Peter just looked into her enchanting green eyes for a moment. Green. The color of her eyes. Green is often associated with luck and tranquility. Health and peace. Restoration and growth. But green is also the color of envy. The color of resentment. It is the color of hatred. The color of revenge and evil magic. Green represents old pain and trauma. It is the color of betrayal. The color of poison. But green is also the broken core beneath an ice cold exterior. Green may be the villain in someone's story, but it is the victim in its own. Green is survival. And with that survival comes power and courage. Ambition and cunning. Green may be venomous, but that venom was not crafted without a poison of its own.

A perfect description of the girl he was looking at with nothing but love and adoration.

Diana cleared her throat and snapped Peter out of his daze. Peter blinked rapidly and blushed heavily, "Y-you look... stunning."

Diana smiled and did a little twirl, "I do, don't I?" She looked down at the clear box and raised an eyebrow, "Is that for me?"

"Um, yes. May I?" Peter nodded at her wrist and watched as Diana smiled and nodded, holding out her pale wrist out to the boy.

His hands fumbled with the plastic box until he got it open, his hand diving in to gently remove the corsage from the box. His soft hand gently grabbed hold of her wrist, flinching slightly at her cold skin but nonetheless brought her wrist closer to him.

He took a few steps closer to the girl and frowned slightly when the smell of cigarettes hit his nose. He knew Diana smoked, everyone knew, yet he somehow hoped she would stop. He didn't want her to get sick or for something to happen.

Diana tilted her head and watched as Peter tied the corsage around her wrist, she smiled as he focused so hard on just tying up something so simple. When he was done, Peter snapped his eyes up to meet hers, his fingertips lingering on her wrist.

Mj cleared her throat and pulled the two out of their little bubble, "You guys are so cute that I may just vomit."

"Mj!"

AS PETER AND DIANA laughed at something Peter said, the taxi began to come to a stop just outside of the gymnasium. "We're here."

Diana nodded and bit her lip nervously. She could hear the music that was coming from the gymnasium, and she could see everyone get out of different vehicles in different outfits.

Peter saw her nervous state and grabbed her hand, squeezing it reassuringly. He kissed the side of her head and softly whispered in her ear, "Let's go dance."

Diana nodded and smiled at the taxi driver, "Thanks for driving us."

"You're welcome." The older man smiled and nodded, tilting his hat as he did so. He watched as the kids opened the car door, stepping outside into the chilly night.

Peter laughed softly when he nearly tripped and fell, then held out his arm to Diana. She grabbed it with a smile and picked up her dress a bit as she made her way up the stairs, her heels glistening under the moonlight.

Peter opened the door into the gym for Diana first, then he followed after, his eyes widening at the sight. The gymnasium had transformed into a completely different room. There were lights flashing, which illuminated the passing cars, teenagers filing inside, along with himself. There was music playing inside so loud that he could feel the bass in the souls of his feet. The chatter and music blurred into one loud blob of noise.

"Do you want a drink?" Peter asked the girl, his hand on the small of her waist as he led her through the crowd of people.

Diana nodded, then immediately spotted Ned, Mj, Juliana, and a few other people laughing and smiling. She turned to Peter and pointed at them, "Yeah, I'll be over there with the group."

"Okay, I'll meet you there." Peter nodded and started making his way over to the drink stand when he accidentally bumped into one of the parent chaperones.

Peter looked up at the man and scrambled to apologize before his eyes blew wide when he recognized the man. That wasn't just a chaperone; that was the guy with the wings.

"Hello, Peter." The guy smiled and tilted his head, "Let's have a talk, yes?"