"Hi princess, I love your hat." I have one almost identical to it.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, it looks like something I could wear. I really love it."

She giggled, "I copied you."

"Did you really? I suspected it." I tickled her stomach and she giggled again.

"Mhm. Can you come to my house?"

"If your mom says it's okay." We both looked down at Onika and she was on her phone. She just shrugged, she didn't even look up.

"Is there something wrong Onika?" It seems like there always is.

"Nope. Just waiting for Amir."

"BeyBey, I was talking." Imani had a lot of attitude for someone who was two feet tall.

"Sorry. I'm listening now, go ahead."

She didn't stop talking until Amir came out of the locker room. She said hi and went back to talking until Onika put her in her car seat.

I think she was talking so much so Onika wouldn't get a chance to talk. Jealousy must be hereditary.

Amir was in the front seat and Imani was in her car seat so it was just Onika and I now. Mostly everyone had gone home by now so the parking lot was almost empty.

"What's wrong Onika?" I leaned against her cat again, I know she hates it.

"Can we go to your house? You and I." She came
closer to me and leaned her head against my chest.

"But Imani-"

"I want some alone time." She ran her nail slowly down my stomach and stopped at my the waistband of my pants.

"Onika-" I was whispering, I don't know why. I looked around to make sure nobody was looking at us. "What are you doing?"

"Your house, please."

"Okay." The way she was talking was making me slightly nervous.

"So get in your car and follow me to my house. We can tuck Imani in and whatever else and then we can go back to your house, okay?"

"Okay."

"See you soon." She pecked my lips and moved from in between my legs.

She got into her car and left me standing there. I rushed to my car to follow her to her house. I don't know where this was coming from but I'm prepared for whatever.

We did exactly what Onika said. Imani was already tired but she was trying to act like she wasn't so she could be around me longer.

She eventually fell asleep and Onika and I tucked her in together. I know it's probably too soon to be thinking about kids but I could Imagine us putting our own kids to sleep.

But Onika doesn't want kids. Maybe I don't either, I don't know.

Onika wanted us to take separate cars so I wouldn't have to take her home later and I agreed.

I don't know what Onika has planned for us to do but I have a good idea from how she's looking at me.

We got to my house and I kept fumbling with my key so she took it and unlocked the door for me.

"Why are you limping?" She walked into my house first and handed my keys back to me.

"I think I pulled a muscle. I told you I'm getting older." I can actually feel myself getting older, I'm not the same as I used to be.