Home is Where the Heart is

The instant the two of you pulled away from one another, footsteps thumped down the hallway, coming in your direction. Evan and Elizabeth appeared, each holding a brush in their hands.

"Y/N! Brush my hair, pretty please!" Elizabeth set the brush in your lap and sat in front of you without waiting for your answer. You giggled and did as she asked.

Micheal reached his hand out to take the brush from Evan. "Want me to brush yours?"

He nodded and took a seat in front of his older brother, his Fredbear plush in his lap.

"Can we watch a movie?" Elizabeth asked while you focused on gently brushing the knots out of her hair.

Michael huffed. "As long as it's not one of you stupid princess movies."

Elizabeth turned to stick her tongue out at her older brother. "You just have no taste! You watch boring stuff all the time!"

"The stuff I watch isn't boring! You're just too young to understand." He muttered.

Evan turned around to look between his siblings. "We could watch that new movie The Outsiders... it looks interesting...."

"What a great suggestion, Evan." You pulled Elizabeth's hair back into a ponytail as you spoke, pinning her red bow just above it. "That sounds like a movie everyone would like."

Noticing that you were done with her hair, Elizabeth jumped up into your lap. "Fine!" She stated. "But neither of us are putting it on! Y/N and I are staying right here!"

You giggled at her bossiness. Michael groaned, getting to work. Evan climbed onto the couch, sitting next to you while still being sure to leave room for his brother.

After messing with the television for a minute, Michael let out a little "Aha!" in victory. The movie started to play, and he took his seat on the couch next to Evan. You watched as Michael wrapped an arm around his younger brother and allowed him to lean into his chest.

The four of you stayed like that, watching the entirety of the movie together.

They say time flies when you're having fun, and before you knew it, it was that time again. 8:30, which meant it was time to put the kids to sleep. You helped Elizabeth take the ponytail and bow out of her hair before tucking her in and turning out the light.

You walked into Evan's room to see him sitting up and waiting for you. "'Night, Evan." You smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"Goodnight Y/N..." He smiled.

You tucked him in and made sure Fredbear was right next to him. You turned off his light and closed the door behind you.

Michael was waiting for you in the hallway. He leaned against the wall, smiling at you. "You know you don't really have to go through all the trouble of tucking them in. They haven't needed that in years."

"It's a nice gesture. I don't mind it at all, really." You looked him over, a small smirk coming across your face. "Are you just jealous that I don't tuck you into bed?"

"As if," He muttered. "Shouldn't you get going anyway? I bet your mom's worried about you."

You glanced at the clock. It was 8:40, not too late, but the diner would be closing relatively soon and you still had to go and pick up Gregory.

"Well... not exactly. But I do have to swing by your dad's diner."

He raised a brow. "What do you plan to do at my father's diner? He didn't make you agree to do something unethical to keep your job as a babysitter, did he? I'll kill him if he did–"