A Brotherly Bond

You didn't want to be bossed around by the guy you were supposed to babysit, but you didn't see much point in arguing with him. You walked into Elizabeth's room and gently shook her. "Elizabeth?"

Almost immediately, she shot straight up, nearly headbutting your face. She turned to you and a huge grin spread across her face. "Y/N! You're back!"

You ran a hand through her hair with a smile. "Of course I am!" You were a little taken aback when she suddenly wrapped her arms around you. Gently, you returned her hug.

"Oh, by the way, Charlie is coming over today..."

Elizabeth sprung out of your arms and off her bed. "Really? And Uncle Henry? And Sammy?"

You nodded. "Yeah, Will- I mean, your dad said so this morning."

"I have to get ready!" She exclaimed, and dashed off to the bathroom. You giggled at her excitement and made your way to Evan's room.

You were surprised to see him sitting up already, a book in his lap. His golden Fredbear plush was in his lap too. He looked up when he heard your footsteps. "Good morning, Y/N..." His voice was quiet.

"Good morning to you too, Evan." You ruffled his hair. "Henry's coming over soon to drop off his kids."

He looked up at you, his gray eyes filled with curiosity. "You're going to watch all five of us by yourself?"

You shook your head. "Nah. Michael's going to help me, so it's like we can each watch two of you."

"Dad trusts Michael to watch us?" His voice cracked, and it sounded like he was holding back tears. He looked away and your smile fell.

"Hey... is something wrong?" You weren't sure what to do. Were you supposed to hug him? Try and make him laugh? Letting your instincts take over, you wrapped your arms around him. He rested his head on your shoulder, and you began to hear little sniffles. "Oh, Evan..." you whispered.

You rubbed small circles on his back, hoping he would calm down. You heard soft footsteps coming down the hall, and you really hoped it wasn't Elizabeth. As much as you loved her cheery attitude, you weren't sure you could keep up with her and Evan's crying at the same time.

The steps came to a stop in front of Evan's doorway. In response, Evan ducked his head down, burying his face further into you. You twisted your body to see Michael. To your surprise, he looked worried. It was the first time you had seen that expression on his face.

"Ev, what's wrong?" His voice was soft. He made his way over to the two of you. He sat down on Evan's bed, leaving only a few inches of space between you.

"It's..." Evan's voice was quiet, and it didn't help that it was muffled by your body. "You can just be so mean sometimes, Michael..."

Realization hit you hard. You had witnessed firsthand how Michael called his brother names, and you could only imagine what went on when you weren't around. No wonder he wasn't excited that Michael was going to help you babysit today.

Michael reached out and slowly petted the top of his head. "Ev, I'm sorry. I know I take stuff too far sometimes." Evan's sniffles seemed to calm down and he poked his head up from your shoulder to look at his brother. Michael spread his arms and offered a small smile. "Can I get a hug?"

Evan let go of you and embraced his older brother with a smile. The sight made your heart melt with how adorable it was. Evan's back was to you now, but you watched as Michael rubbed his back and smiled. Part of you felt like you were intruding on a special moment, but the rest of you didn't care. You were here first, after all.

Michael's eyes met yours for a second, and he mouthed 'thank you.' What he was thanking you for, you weren't sure. After a few more seconds, the two pulled away from one another.

"How about we get dressed, hm? That way we look presentable for when Uncle Henry comes over." Michael stood, grabbing Evan's wrist. The two walked off in the direction of the bathroom.

Right on cue, Elizabeth sprinted into the room. "Y/N! There you are! I was looking for you!"

She was dressed now, wearing a pink blouse with black buttons, tucked neatly into a blue skirt. She looked adorable, you had to admit.

"Here!" She handed you a brush and a big red bow. "Brush my hair, please!"

So you sat on Evan's bed, Elizabeth in front of you as you brushed her hair. She hummed as you did so, apparently not in the mood to chat like she normally would be. Once you finished getting the knots out of her hair, you clipped the bow neatly in it.

"There you go!" You were proud of your work. "You look wonderful."

She grinned and hugged you once again. "Thanks Y/N!" You watched as she ran across the hall, back into her room. You figured that she wanted to be alone, otherwise she would be bugging you still.

You walked out into the living room, surprised to see nobody there. You checked the kitchen. Michael and Evan weren't there, either. Were they both in the bathroom?

It wouldn't hurt to check, right? You walked to the bathroom and gently knocked. To your surprise, the door was cracked open and the pressure from your hand pushed it open further. Evan was standing on a footstool, brushing his teeth. Michael stood next to him, doing the same.

Michael's eyes met yours. He was glaring at you again. You mouthed a quick 'sorry' before closing the door.

You plopped down on the living room couch, waiting for the Afton's to finish their morning routines. You took notice of the show on the television, it was the same one from yesterday. Apparently it was called The Immortal and The Restless. It didn't seem very entertaining, but before you knew it, you were sucked in.

An episode later, you felt someone pressing down on the back of the couch. "Vlad is so stupid. Of course the baby is his." You nearly jumped out of your skin at the sudden voice.

"You watch this junk?" You turned around and earned yourself another glare from Michael.

"I don't expect you to understand." He said, waving a hand dismissively. You let out a small laugh, dropping the subject.

"Did Evan get dressed?"

"Mhmm. He's all set for today," Michael hummed as he walked around the couch and took a seat as far away from you as possible. "Now we just need to wait for-"

He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Well, I guess that means Uncle Henry's here."