set off the traps

Start from the beginning

Huh what was that? I barely could understand a thing...?
OH ITS ASTER!
Wait what did she say...? 'hey...where are... Serious... Please...?' that's all I could make out of it. Hm, wonder what she wants?

Why did her magic go all bad all he sudden? It was fine in the morning, it was still slightly muffled but clear enough to understand and hear correctly..?

"Custard are you there???" Pancake said in a teasing voice taking me away from my thoughts.

"Yes I am here, I was just thinking about something!" I responded right away, not in a panicked way but not in a too cheery voice either.

"Okay! So let's then find something we could activate the traps with and where they are in the first place!"
I just nodded. Im thinking about what aster said, she said the word 'serious'...

...

...

It's probably nothing! Let's not worry about it right now!
Oh yeah,"hey pancake watch were your going! Who know you might step on another trap."

"Mhm!" He responded in his classic 'cute' cheerful style, I really don't get why people find him adorable or 'cute', and why he acts like that in the first place.

Well I act all posh and... Wait what was the word again? Oh!
I act all posh and formal because that's how all royals act! I've never seen a royal who has acting differently other than that. Even stories about the ancients have them described all formal.

If I didn't act like a real royal then what type of royal am I? I'm part of the royal family so I act like it, even with my closest of friends.

And if I'll be honest, no this isn't really how I act, well sometimes it shows when I'm really excited or surprised, but I guess luckily my friends don't realize that those things happen!

"Hey!!" I heard someone scream. And it was Pancake, he was violently holding my arm and yes it did kind of hurt.
"You really told me to watch where I'm going so I won't get into a trap, while you nearly walked into one yourself!"
As be said that in fact, Infront of me was a very unwell hidden trap, it wasn't right in the open but pretty visible.

Pancake let go off my arm looked at the trap then at me looking for a response, anything.

"Well what are you looking at? Find something to activate the trap?? I can't activate it by myself?"

As I said that I saw him immediately look for something to throw at the trap, after a while of watching him struggle finding something big enough I decided to also join in.

After like 10 or 15 minutes I heard him shouting "I found a giant stick we could activate it with!"
He started running towards me with the massive stick, it was about half of my size, and then held it like a staff with the bottom of the stick being on the floor while him holding his hands on the top.

"Look I have a staff too now! Hehehe!"
I just looked at him and sighed, it was in fact slightly funny but we had a trap to deal with.

"Look I have a staff too now! Hehehe!" I just looked at him and sighed, it was in fact slightly funny but we had a trap to deal with

-I was too lazy to draw a background, plus the stick is actually bigger and thicker then in the picture-

"Ok pancake.. let's then try activate the trap then shall we?"
Pancake nodded and was about to walk over to the trap but stopped and looked at me.

"So how do I do this without getting myself stuck in the trap?" He said it in a quite nervous tone.

I shrugged.

He then looked at the trap and back at me then at the trap again.
"I'm scared I might end up like last time, and then no one will save me. I don't want to do it!" He practically shouted out.

I have a type of feeling, I don't know what it is but I feel empty, perhaps a type of guilt? *Sigh*

"Hey can you give me the stick? I will do it."
He nodded and passed the stick to me, the stick is actually very heavy and I nearly fell over trying to hold it, pancake must've realized as he snickered slightly at me.

Well, I guess I cheered him up already..?
Hehe. And I cheered myself up too!

Ok then I need to focus and be careful now, I don't want to end up being burned. I hope I don't mess this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-asters pov-

Where the hell did those kids go? I had to leave a 12 year old behind by him self, I have lost two 6 year olds who may be in extreme danger at any moment, I am under so much pressure right now!

I keep feeling custards emotion change, from happiness to him being worried then back again to happy.

And I don't know if he is ok or not. When I tried communicating with custard he couldn't hear me properly and I couldn't hear him properly.

I don't get it they must've not gone far, they with me and the 12 year old kid a couple minutes ago?

Let's hope that they haven't found a trap yet or that it is the ones that I remember the location of..!

Ok aster, aster, aster, calm down, panicking is not going to help. If you panic you loose control over your powers and your perfectly know about it, keep calm-

AAARGH! i can't! I have to find custard and pancake! Their lives may be in my hands right now, I don't want to be responsible of the killing of two poor innocent children!

And I also have to make sure gingerbrave, or that's what I believe his name is, is ok!

"I'm scared-" I heard someone scream somewhere ahead of me.
That voice sounds a lot like that pancake child, even if it isn't him I need to make sure, who ever it is, that they are safe!

I ran towards the source of the scream as I turned a corner of a path there in the distance I saw pancake and custard.

They were ok.

Wait.

That's a trap right there. And they are trying to activate it with a massive stick??

Oh no.

I saw the trap activate and the stick went up flying as the rope slid down the tree, then in that moment custard's leg got caught in the rushing rope which was tangled with the massive stick.

I ran as fast as my legs could take me when I saw him caught up in the rope, as I got closer and closer I could see the fear on pancakes face, and the terror and the tears on custards face, any second now the rope will go on fire.

I need to run faster, I used all my energy and ran faster then ever, I took out my knife and swiftly cut the rope in the last moment, caught the parcially crying cookie in my hands and landed on both of my legs nearly falling over.

I placed down custard and I fell on the floor. I felt one of the two shaking me and the other screaming for help, and that was the last thing I remember before blacking out.