9

Y/N

-

I walked into a big building at 7:35 a.m. to see people setting up cameras, college students getting on costumes and others reading through scripts together. The entire mood was incredibly relaxed, and my tension seemed to go away for a moment as I watched them all, calm and excited to be there.

"Y/N!" a familiar voice called. I turned and watched Marie, who walked towards me, bounces in her every step. "I'm so happy you made it!"
"S-sorry I'm late," I fumbled nervously. "Overslept. A little bit."
"You're good, we don't start filming 'til 8, we just have to introduce everyone and become a family." I smiled at her choice of wording, and I slid my backpack off and set it on a chair nearby. "You memorized some stuff? I know there's a lot of pressure on you...and you aren't an acting major, nor are you from my school, nor did you have a month to memorize the script. This is, alas, very unprofessional, but you will do great!"

I laughed. "You're fine, Marie, I'm just excited to be here. Anyone I should know...?"
"Yeah!" she perked up, pulling my arm over to a group of boys who stood around, sipping Cherry Vanilla Coca-Colas.

"Guys!" Marie squeaked excitedly. "This is the star of the show, Y/N L/N." They all smiled and I stuck out my hand stiffly. "Hi," I said nervously.

They laughed. "Nice to meet you."
Marie smiled. "These are your close co-stars--Steven, Thomas, and Timothee." I smiled, knowing Steven and Thomas as the boys who commented on my Instagram post.

My eyes darted over to Timothee, whose untamed, curly hair toppled over his emerald eyes and perfectly knitted eyebrows. His chiseled face and sharp jawline all changed position as he smiled at me, one hand in his sweatpants, the other holding his coke. "Hi," he said slowly, narrowing his eyes in a taken wonder.

"H-hi," I stuttered, feeling caught in a magically strange moment with this boy. Before I could say anything else, Marie's overenthusiastic birdlike chirping voice toned in. "You probably have recognized Timothee before! He's a full-time actor, he's been in films like...Little Women, Call Me By Your Name, stuff like that! Um, he's not a part of the NYFA, but he knows Steven, so he offered to help. He'll be playing your friend. Slash secret murderer, of course."
I nodded. "I know who he is."

Steven and Thomas laughed and dragged Marie across the room, so it was just Timothee and I.

"So," I said in a teasing way, "you're the guy who blew up my Instagram."
"They track your every move, I swear," he said, running his fingers through his hair. I giggled. He's cute. Oh, no, don't think that, this is a celebrity we're dealing with.

"You know, not to be cocky or anything, but most of the girls fell to their knees when they saw I was coming for their college movie project. You're...different."

"I'm glad to see you here, Timothee, but I've only seen Little Women."

He chuckled. "Eh. But I liked your post. I was surprised you didn't instantly DM me."
"Celebrities just don't get me giddy, I'm sorry to say. Were you disappointed?"

"Slightly, because you seem cool, but good, because now I can really see you as a friend."

"No, I've heard of you before."
"A fangirl could never really be a friend."

"Oh, you know that isn't true."

He laughed. "I know, it's probably terribly false."
"Everyone!" Marie called. "Gather 'round!" I followed behind Timothee as Marie stood at the top of a prop chair. "Welcome to day one of filming The Series of Romantic Murders! I'm Marie, and you all have probably met each other--Kayla, Bri, Rose, Kamdon, Lilia, Josephine, Michael, Steven, Thomas, Timothee...and our newest actor, Y/N L/N!"

Everyone's heads turned toward me and they smiled. "Welcome!"

"Alright everyone, let's get to filming..."

***

The first day of filming was more than fun. Everyone was so kind, and I made lifelong friendships with the girls, as well as got myself better acquainted with the somewhat-arrogant and mysterious Timothee. Steven and Thomas worked side-by-side and they helped me when I forgot my lines, Kayla and Bri were my sorority sisters and they were kind onscreen and off--it was an overall amazing position, and during breaks when I told them I was studying astronomy, they all turned into an ultimate fangirl mode and asked a bundle of questions about astronomy--and I returned the friendly gesture by asking them about the crazy and amazing idea to pursue acting.

Not only did I have fun, but they were all immensely impressed with my skills in acting--and I got to watch cameras operate, Marie direct (a middle school dream of mine), and young kids with raw talent work their magic. I didn't get back until 11:30 at night because they all wanted to go get pizza, and I happily agreed.

I thought I found a group of people who got me, who were funny, who understood me. 

-

A/N: yooo, hope you're enjoying, lovelies! <3 don't be shy, don't be a ghost reader & stay cool! ~J